This is why Dominion is not popular

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hamai

01-20-2012

Not popular? Seems popular enough for me, I play blind pick all day and usually it's around 30 seconds, up or down.

A good Rammus is a force, but not unbeatable at all. There's too many variables in a dominion match, I won't even start counting them, but I've seen plenty of Rammus players lose on both teams.

Malphite, Blitz, Warwick, and many others are really strong if played by an experienced Dominion player.

One thing player overlook is HP and defense. Dominion fights are intense.

Tale Feather

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrrin View Post
Taunt + Tremors + Thromail (cheap item) + Sunfire Cape (another super cheap item) + Garrison = uncapturable tower.

Plus his rollout + boots 5 and ghost lets him cap windmill before anyone else can even get there.

He is the most unbalanced champion in the whole roster, no one other champion (not even Shaco or heimer or GP) comes close.
Anyone with ghost and decent move-speed can prevent rammus from capping top, you're talking about tactics that died back after the bandwagon hoppers realized that Dominion doesn't play like SR and cradled their fragile egos back to their drap, overused map in a fuss equivalent to a 3 year old who found out they didn't like their xmas present.

Also, it's easy to kick Rammus out from under a turret, you just learn to push minions, ideally both top and bot as to split the enemy team's numbers. Garrison works both ways and Promote Garrison's regen. A fraction of MR + Lifesteal beats thorn-mail and any hard CC stops taunt cold (not that it needs to be stopped if you're doing what you're supposed to.)

Also, if your rammus is building the items you state above, you sick your AP character on him and watch him melt. There are plenty of strong APs in dominion that make it hell on Rammus defense wise.

The only issue teams really have with Rammus is move-speed, which can get really problematic. This is what makes him a ban in draft. The rest is counter-able.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

rammus can only defend a tower 3 v 1 when:
1) your team is stupid and just tower dives
2) you don't push lane so minion can do something

rammus is strong for other reason, and namely his movement speed is a little OP

And I do agree dom needs to be looked at in terms of nerfs and buffs too

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

01-20-2012

I have never faced a Yorick or rammus that was as strong as you claim.

FDru

01-20-2012

Dominion isn't popular because most players have only a vague idea of how to play it (you'll notice the majority of players who don't like Dominion just have a few games played). Just like SR, it takes practice and experience to be good at it. Just ask some of the top SR players who lost in their first round in the last Dominion tournament.

Dominion isn't popular because of misconceptions about what champs are strong and why (this thread is a good example). Like a Rammus sitting on a turret is just Warwick food, but you wouldn't know this because you didn't even bother trying to find out what counters him.

Dominion isn't popular because any thread attempting to educate the playerbase about it is just moved here where the only people who see it are those who already play it. Like we care.

Shaxtenn

01-20-2012

Yeah this is pretty much what I feel. There are ~90 champions, but 7-8 of them are so vastly superior that it's not fun to play against them. Draft mode is an extremely imperfect solution (long queue times, dodges, still can't ban everyone who needs banning).

I also feel that tanky DPS, assassins, and, god forbid, tanky DPS assassins, are far superior to the other archetypes on Dom. They get the most out of items and have the biggest impact on any given situation. Mages (non-assassin mages) don't get enough out of the Crystal Scar aura, and aren't presented with items that allow them to compensate for their many inherent problems: squishiness, lack of mobility, inability to burst down a high-health target, sitting duck nature while waiting for cooldowns.

urmamasllama

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
Yeah this is pretty much what I feel. There are ~90 champions, but 7-8 of them are so vastly superior that it's not fun to play against them. Draft mode is an extremely imperfect solution (long queue times, dodges, still can't ban everyone who needs banning).

I also feel that tanky DPS, assassins, and, god forbid, tanky DPS assassins, are far superior to the other archetypes on Dom. They get the most out of items and have the biggest impact on any given situation. Mages (non-assassin mages) don't get enough out of the Crystal Scar aura, and aren't presented with items that allow them to compensate for their many inherent problems: squishiness, lack of mobility, inability to burst down a high-health target, sitting duck nature while waiting for cooldowns.
those bans can all be dealt with its not like they are instant win champs its just like the 8-10 champs that are op on SR which by the way have some overlap

all you are doing is putting out the same lies everyone else does cuz guess what MAGES ARE AWESOME ON DOM most of the best bottom champs are mages although a better replacement for RoA would be nice

the thing is the way you build and play on dominion are totally and i mean completely different from SR for mages where as playing tanky dps and assassins are basically the same playstyle so they are easier to pick up from just SR experience