what is ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

I've been browsing the forums past few days and I see this referenced in several but I don't know what it is. Couldn't find it in the acronyms thread so figured I'd just straight up ask.

Controlled By Me

07-19-2010

ELO is a rating system, which gets used by many games and also in many competitive sports.
You start with an ELO rating of 1200, and winning games increases this, depending on your opponents ELO (The higher their ELO is, the more ELO you get, and the more they lose).

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2010

also it's not an acronym, it should be spelled Elo and it's the name of the rating system (named after the inventor Arpad Elo)

SwatNigglet

07-19-2010

It is the rating system used in chess. It's hard not to make it look like an acronym though

Mizerable

07-19-2010

ELO is electric light orchestra. Elo is a rating system used to rate a players skill level of the game.

Othello77

07-19-2010

also.. how do you find your own elo?

SomniumProxy

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello77 View Post
also.. how do you find your own elo?
play ranked games

Othello77

07-19-2010

Excellent.. now all I have to do is reach lvl 20.. lol

Mfroggy

07-19-2010

Good luck itll be a LONG road

Othello77

07-19-2010

Well.. I only get in a few games a week.. so i'm anticipating it'll take a while.. any idea how many games it takes? I usually run a 50/50 W/L.