Garen Still OP ........ :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrozen

03-04-2012

Garen is built as tank or AOE dps

as tank his damage is much of a lesser annoyance
as AOE dps, his damage should be avoided, though his initiation sucks and dies easily when W is not up

Enter Tragedy

03-04-2012

I get murdered by his Demacian Justice every time I get close

If there was an op champ it is definitely garen.

Pyrozen

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter Tragedy View Post
I get murdered by his Demacian Justice every time I get close

If there was an op champ it is definitely garen.
I wonder how long you stay close to him so he can finish you with Demacian Justice...

And I'll guess you haven't seen Tryndamere yet.

Keirndmo

03-05-2012

Garen isn't OP.
His spin really drops off in damage later and it only scales like 50% off AD.
Just play defensively and wait for ganks from the jungle to kill him. If you really want to hard counter him play Olaf and watch his W be useless.

Stiphler

03-05-2012

Garen actually has 4.2 scaling on his E from bonus attack damage, but that's not the point.

His dominance is really in the early game, and it's only against certain champions like Riven. He will most likely be pushed as hell in the early levels if you are being denied farm by him, in which case you can 1. Wait for creep wave to push to your tower and farm there (certain champs like Gangplank are quite good for this) or 2. Call your jungler to gank his ass. If you can get 1 kill-gank on him then your laning phase will be much easier.

Late game Garen is easily kited, and despite very good AD ratios on his abilities he is crippled by his rather long cooldowns and the fact that he has no AA steroid/AWFUL AS scaling. His ultimate also sucks balls for teamfighting and might not even execute an enemy champion if they have high MR.

This is assuming, of course, that you did not feed Garen early game and by 30 minutes he has 4k hp with 300 AD Swing/50% crit. (I know because when I play fed Garen the enemy team QQs and cries OP and whatnot).

In conclusion, DON'T feed Garen early game. You are doing fine even if you are 20-30 cs down to him. Stay away from him in lane if you are a melee champion or call on your jungler to gank. And please, don't facecheck brushes.

Qwyxzl

03-05-2012

Garen is only strong early game, mid to late game his damage falls drastically and he can only kill things with his ult.

BlackJesus101

03-06-2012

garen isnt even that strong early game pick anything with strong sustain and he is worthless as long as u dont stand right next to him taking hits he is also kite city even melee champs can kite him half the time its ridiculous he is great at stomping nubs who dont know how to lane and cs without taking their opponents full combo but other than that......