Smartcast and Range Indicators

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bgenocide

01-20-2012

Howdy forums, I've got a question that maybe someone here can answer.

I pretty much use smart cast exclusively but there are times especialy when playing a new champ or a champ i am unfamilar that i misjudge the range on a skill and lose a potential kill or not save a teammate in time ect.

With the amount of champions and skills this game has its hard to keep up with all the different ranges. So my question to you guys has anyone found a way to keep the range indicatiors permently displayed over your champ?

I know you can hover over the ablilty icon to see it but when you're in the heat of battle thats not an ideal thing to do (at least for me).

If not Riot please add this feature for Old guys like me! Ill post an example image below for an idea of what I am looking for.

Here is a link its crude but i think you'll get the idea. The star being your champion

[IMG=http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9177/champdiag1.th.jpg]********

Note: I posted this in the General Disscussion forum but I think this is where i should have put it in the first place.

esperz1nski

01-22-2012

meh sounds like some wallhacks to me.

asl pls thx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

There is a smart cast on release option you can select in your config that will allow you to see the range indicator. I personally prefer this over standard smart casting since it's the same speed if you simply tap your keys, but if you need to line it up you can, as well as having the ability to cancel if necessary by right clicking.

"SmartCastOnKeyRelease=1"

computer>local drive>riot games>league of legends>rads>solutions>lol_game_client_sln>release s>(current release) 0.0.0.108>deploy>data>cfg - open game.cfg with wordpad and change the variable for "SmartCastOnKeyRelease=0" to 1, save and you're done.

n00bgenocide

02-01-2012

Looks like I got what i wanted, Can anyone confirm this is how it works?

General•Added a new option, "Show Smartcast Ranges"

n00bgenocide

02-03-2012

eh still doesnt work the way i want it to, I hate cast on release.. I wish there was a way to just always have the range indicators up