What if wards didn't have health and instead...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sammich kek

01-19-2012

Hitting a ward reduced its lifespan by 60s? Three hits still equals dead ward, but this way if bot support wants to drop a ward on top of a champion in bush they face the possibility of losing a minute or even two of vision.

This just came to me while I was watching a game reply, I have no idea if it's original, but can we discuss why it's a bad idea?

Ancient Tower

01-19-2012

The only problem I see is that that might encourage face checking before ward planting. Plus this would sort of be a buff to champs like Garen, Nasus, Wukong, ect. who can double hit a ward with Q. I prefer counter warding anyway, it's just not really enough of an issue to worry about it.

sammich kek

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWERxHOLLOW View Post
The only problem I see is that that might encourage face checking
Well that's kind of the point, well not face checking.. but at-least throwing a skillshot in that bush before running in or dropping a ward. It just seems a little more strategic than dropping a ward on top of an enemy player imo.

But you're right it's not really an issue, I was just thinking about how it's normally so pointless to attack wards before they fade.... and it got me to wondering why they are visible for a second or so after being place to begin with.

lbgsloan

01-20-2012

Either this or changing it so wards stealth gets reset if they get hit would make sense. Right now it's pretty safe to drop a ward on someone early on, as it's unlikely they can hit it three times before it stealths.

axesandspears

01-20-2012

You can usually get one hit or two hits on a ward that is put in a bush near you by a support in the laning phase. So this would cut the duration of wards by too much.

What might be a better idea is to make a ward lose 1 health at the 120 and 60 second intervals on their duration timer (to a minimum of 1 health). This doesn't completely gimp wards if you hit them once when they are first placed, but it makes killing wards take less time if you find them after they've been up for a good duration.

I still don't think this is necessary at all.