Viktor: Extremely underrated.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frychikn

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Seth View Post
Countered yeah, outdamaged? Not in a million years, Ahri's damage is pretty low, but she's a poke, Viktor is one of those 100-0% mages, maybe you didn't get augment death and can't hit his E?

@OP yeah, he's underated, and no he doesn't need "buffs", he needs quality of life changes, nothing is more depressing than seeing a ball of crack (Kennen) walk all the way into your W then run back before the stun even triggers, or the fact that his passive takes an item slot when it's nothing special (specially considering you have to pay for the 2nd part making it not a free bonus). and Q shield really doesn't work too well, either make it an instant shield or make that projectile fast as a bullet.
nice theory crafting. too bad hes so bad not even YOU are gonna play him after you praise him so much.

hes garbage.

his Q needs range and buff to the time it takes to get your shield. i swear EVERY BODY i lane against with him out ranges him and even when im close enough to Q i cant even trade hits cus they do their burst before the shield goes up and im just sitting there looking like a derp with a full shield up. hell it got to a point where i Q a minion when i anticipated a poke. thats just sad.

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Viktor isn't the best AP carry, but he's certainly not bad either. GD just likes to freak out and pretend champions are "OMG OP INSTAWIN" or "****ING TERRIBLE NEVER PICK".

Frychikn

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KudoKou View Post
Viktor isn't the best AP carry, but he's certainly not bad either. GD just likes to freak out and pretend champions are "OMG OP INSTAWIN" or "****ING TERRIBLE NEVER PICK".
in a game where theres what? like 15+ AP champs? and only 6 bans? you kind of have to be "a best carry" and not "not bad" to be playable. maybe he isnt bad... but why play him over the GOOD ap carries?

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
in a game where theres what? like 15+ AP champs? and only 6 bans? you kind of have to be "a best carry" and not "not bad" to be playable. maybe he isnt bad... but why play him over the GOOD ap carries?
Because you believe a video game is a form of entertainment?

If you only play the champion that everyone else tells you is the best, you might as well be playing a game with 20 champs max.

Frychikn

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KudoKou View Post
Because you believe a video game is a form of entertainment?

If you only play the champion that everyone else tells you is the best, you might as well be playing a game with 20 champs max.
or.. ideally... they could just balance champs? and i can play the champs that i find fun because they are also competitive?

KudoKou

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
or.. ideally... they could just balance champs? and i can play the champs that i find fun because they are also competitive?
Find me a competitive game with more than 10 unique characters that has EVER been balanced enough that players didn't eventually come to a consensus that certain characters were superior to others?

If you "balance" the game by buffing every champion like Viktor that's decent but not at the same level as the very best champions in the game, you get enormous power creep. Case in point: DotA/HoN. If you played DotA before PotM and then today, when every competitive hero has been buffed to be as good as or better than the sacred cow PotM, you'd see there's a ridiculous difference. It's like if every champ in LoL was buffed over and over until they all did twice as much damage as they used to.

1justRetribution

07-23-2012

All these people whine about viktor being up.. He's my main mage. I've beaten kassadin, karthus, ahri, kogmaw, tf, ziggs, morgana, I've beaten EVERY single mage I've gone up against except for once when I faced a xerath and had less experience as him. I almost always end up carrying with him lategame as well with his high-damage e poke and his RIDICULOUSLY high damage ult.

He ain't up.

1justRetribution

07-23-2012

His e requires a bit of practise. That's all. I can win just about any trade in lane because I shield a portion of damage and I also KNOW HOW TO HIT MY E. My e does incredible damage, and ganks always fail because I stun them either away or on me. Heck, I usually kill the jungler AND the mid-laned carry. I have some games as him posted as well on LoL Replay at Darth Baeus if you want to see. Unfortunately, I didn't capture my 4 double 2 triple 1 penta kill game as him. :/ But I have other games to show and my games are CONSISTENT.

Viktor just requires skill. He's incredible.

Twistana

07-23-2012

He's actually completely overrated =.=

His q is strong
His w is strong
His e is strong
His r is strong

1 no damage aoe CC + a passive that feels more like a burden than an advantage....

I like viktor a lot, and often play him and do well, still he does tend to fall off harder than most AP carriesand mostly due to his passive.

People say he's strong just hs a few bugs right? TbH of the bugs I see out there they seem to be making him stronger than weaker =.= except the no damage laser ofcourse but that happens rarely.

You rarely see him in game because high elo swears he's good and never uses him, then low elo swears he's good jsut cause they're sheeps and nobody plays him because they feel weak on him.

Snailygoat

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSektor View Post
Ive been playing Viktor lately and have come to notice his incredible damage, and with proper micro-work he becomes a true monsta. I find his abilities have a fairly low mana cost and deal a good chunk of damage. his ultamite's silence is just too good, and proper micro of it can really dish out alot of damage.

I don't see why he isnt picked more often... the only downside to him is the cast-range on his stun... very very hard to use offensively... but very strong defensively.

I think people are afraid to play him in ranked and stuff because people have never done it, and change is too scary or something.

Will be interesting to see the communities legitimate responses to this
Because he's not fotm. Viktor's damage output + utility is amazing and vastly under rated. Just give it time or for when a pro picks him in a tournament or scrim.