Dominion, why don't you like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

There are many people I come across that say they don't like Dominion, which is completely fine, you may not. But I also think not many people have given it a chance. I'm curious as to why you don't like it? Is it because when you first tried you weren't good (it is completely different from SR, and no one likes playing something they aren't good at). I didn't like it at first at all, then I figured out how thinks work and what I should be doing on the map and it's the only thing I play. Others say it takes no skill, how so? Arguably it could take more skill. There is no laning phase (except bottom), you always have to be on top of your guard, ganks can always be coming, back dooring could always be happening. I don't see how some people claim it doesn't take skill. I'm just curious as to why it gets so much hate. So, why don't you like the map? And for those of you who say it takes no skill, explain to me how the SR pros lost to a "low elo team" in the recent NESL tournament, because surely SR pros have skill, right? But yet they still lost.


EDIT: Are you effin kidding me?!?! This gets moved so fast, yet someone advertising their 3v3 stream is STILL in the Dominion forum. Such BS.

Why the hell would I want this in the Dominion forum, I obviously know the people in here like it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

As much as I hate to say it, Feedski, these threads are a lost cause.

The mature SR players dislike Dominion because... honestly, it just isn't the game that they signed up for when they started League. Who can blame them?

The GD trolls, on the other hand, seem to hate it because they are either bad at it or because they heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone, that some high elo streamer said that Dominion was for bad's.

Dominion has a good community as is. We don't need to twist people's arm into giving it a chance if they don't want to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElChicoDiablo

Senior Member

01-18-2012

I dont like it bec I cant blame my team as much as I want to.
Not enough time to do it also.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hansori

Senior Member

01-18-2012

cs/laning element taken out basically make it noob version of dota. mindless towerrushing with free gold being thrown at you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Three of my favorite champions (Galio, Taric, and Ashe) are hilariously outclassed on Dominion. So yeah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
As much as I hate to say it, Feedski, these threads are a lost cause.

The mature SR players dislike Dominion because... honestly, it just isn't the game that they signed up for when they started League. Who can blame them?

The GD trolls, on the other hand, seem to hate it because they are either bad at it or because they heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone, that some high elo streamer said that Dominion was for bad's.

Dominion has a good community as is. We don't need to twist people's arm into giving it a chance if they don't want to.
I just think many people would actually enjoy it if they gave it a chance, and I love seeing the Dominion community growing. I have done a lot for it. Hosting tournaments, making a website, in game chat, etc. I won't give up. :P I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm into playing, just trying to find out WHY people don't play it, so maybe I can clear up some information about the map with them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragnar Draconus

Senior Member

01-18-2012

I tried to like it, I really did. But you just can't carry a game of Dominion like you can on SR. It is physically impossible for one person to be at 3 capture points at once. The vast majority of teammates I've gotten just don't seem to understand the concept of a capture/hold gametype, and it is incredibly frustrating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by applethin View Post
cs/laning element taken out basically make it noob version of dota. mindless towerrushing with free gold being thrown at you
That's where many people are wrong! If you actually worry about getting last hits still you end up with a lot more gold. And people don't do mindless tower rushing, not in my ELO (it's hidden) anyways. It's very strategic. You have to move and play as a team, which is something I really enjoy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I just think many people would actually enjoy it if they gave it a chance, and I love seeing the Dominion community growing. I have done a lot for it. Hosting tournaments, making a website, in game chat, etc. I won't give up. :P I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm into playing, just trying to find out WHY people don't play it, so maybe I can clear up some information about the map with them.
Fair enough.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
Three of my favorite champions (Galio, Taric, and Ashe) are hilariously outclassed on Dominion. So yeah.
They are actually not. You just have to have the right team composition for it. Ashe can be VERY useful with her global ultimate and constant CC. Taric with his heals and stun is always very viable. Galio though, is meh in my opinion. He is great to counter certain people, but I will give that to you, he isn't the best in Dom.