Dodge Stat Removed in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonsweex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

i see they removed the stat in stores but ...
i still get to keep my dodge quint ?
at least i still have it ...
i dont like it as much... would be great if i'd get 2k ip from it ...
i got it from mixing T3 runes together , like a long ago...

Summoner name : DemonSweex

Demonsweex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirithcoro View Post
Here's to hoping we don't keep getting dodge runes from the combiner.
i did...
and i still have it

penguinofsleep

01-19-2012

normally i wont go out of my way to post/comment on stuff like this, but now that its being finalized:

im very disappointed that riot has decided to remove dodge in its entirety. it feels like their reasons for doing so are simply to "cater" to a few individuals that have complained about something that is easily countered in many manners (if one simply re-examines their approach). additionally, the fun of working with the team about how to counter it as a whole or thinking through a way around it as an individual member, etc. removes some of the dynamicis that makes arena games such as league, dota, etc. so unique and fun to begin with.

along with many of the other changes that have been made and riot's decisions (albeit possible business decisions/model) to not implement many features that encourage or bring about more thoughtful game play (no more blind pick, all heros all the time, very few disables, less spammable heroes etc)... i hate saying this but i cant help but think - when is dota2 finally coming out?

Vegadev

01-19-2012

My biggest question about dodge is...
If dodge has been removed, how come every so often champs will STILL dodge autoattacks. I've seen 2 dodges since the Sejuani patch was released. Has it really been removed? I've literally seen it twice on both bots and humans. How does this happen if the stat has been removed?

Wozniack

01-19-2012

question:

udyr's passive?

K rent

01-19-2012

now remove crits please

HowlOfDeath

01-19-2012

Well , i still kinda like a defensive state in game , yes less Over Powered than dodge " for Example "Parry - reduce the damage received by 35% " but removing dodge state kinda De-buffed all tank champions really a lot . making that kinda more realistic because its hard to believe that all champions in the League are happy to receive attacks without trying to avoid them . its an idea anyway

HowlOfDeath

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegadev View Post
My biggest question about dodge is...
If dodge has been removed, how come every so often champs will STILL dodge autoattacks. I've seen 2 dodges since the Sejuani patch was released. Has it really been removed? I've literally seen it twice on both bots and humans. How does this happen if the stat has been removed?
Read the thread carefully , Dodge ruins are not fully removed yet , you still can buy them from shop , that means you'll still see some dodge in game till next week patch .

Protogy

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBlade View Post
Do you realize this means that while you will have items that completely block SPELLS like Banshee's Veil, allowing out of combat passives like Boots of Mobility/Strut/Perseverance/Move Quick to stay on and blocking capture interrupt from casters, you're taking out it's equivalent for AUTO ATTACKS, DODGE, creating an imbalance and eliminating some tactics/build synergies and allowing a spell shield to stop a caster's like Annie/Brand's ulti, stun or spell combo but not the ability to dodge physical attacks like Tryn's or Xin Zhao's? How can you justify removing dodge when you have no problem with Spell Shields? If you want to change how dodge works that may be one thing but eliminating it is ridiculous. And don't go thinking spell shields need to go then, you're just eliminating different strategies from the game.
I have to agree kinda, fed mages with magic pen are not as scary as fed AD with armor pen + lifesteal (to counter thornmails) because if the whole opposing team buys banshees veils the mage has to either miss an important attack in their combo or wait for someone on their team to break the veils before they can do anything.

I never had a problem with dodge personally because of sword of the divine, if people complained about dodge without considering buying the anti dodge item then that is their fault.

I don't think this change will ruin the game but I remember having a lot of fun when phantom dancers had non unique dodge % and sword of the divine was in the game. If you were playing against people who had SotD and you were stacking phantoms you knew to avoid that person (if they were not a bad player).

So I hope this dodge removal will work into the other mechanics you have planned for the future (Example: Stealth rework) or something like that and it wasn't just taken out because people never build the item to counter the stat.
Just like no one buys Executioner's Calling (when I bring it up some people don't even know what it is) even though it is a cheap item with decent crit + decent life steal and a healing reduction active that works like ignite. If I am fighting a Mundo and im playing AD I always take EC.

So I look forward for what is coming in the future to see if this all ties together in some way.

EDIT: Also dodge was the only way to counter Vayne's silver bolts as a tank. I like playing tanks and I am frustrated when I see a Vayne on the other team who can take a % of my max hp as true dmg.. So I can't build hp to counter it and I can't build resistances to counter it.. So I hope you guys make an item that might help defend tanks against silver bolts.

Bl00dstorm

01-19-2012

woot go riot, another reason i quit your ****ty ass game byeee