Dodge Stat Removed in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeltaDrifter

01-18-2012

also, what about udyr? is he the only other person to get dodge on him without items?

01-18-2012

Udyr players are so glad because Riot has done such a great job for remaking Sivir and Jax.

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Udyr...

OneOfTheLostOnes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

WHAT ABOUT UDYR... thankyouverymuch

Globos

01-18-2012

People complaining about crit makes me laugh. Crit is (kind off) everything in this game. If you take it off, the game will change to a complete other level of gameplay. Dodge was a mere luck, was kind of fun though. But they did take it off. Jax will be the unique one to have it, and like many said, he's easy to prevent.

The only thing I can't understand is if they took off dodge because it involved a "luck" factor and because there was no defense to it, why the heck are they keeping true damage ?

Kadajos

01-18-2012

I know i have posted this already few times but,
WHEN UDYR WILL GET SOMETHING FOR THAT DODGE REMOVAL???? HMMMMM????
or did you forgot about it? or maybe you don't care since this is just Udyr whose in my opinion the most badass character in the whole League.....
You probly were doing that kind of conversation:

"Hey, what we will give Udyr for that dodge removal in his passive?"
"Hmmmm, not sure."
"I got an idea, let's just removed it and don't think about it for the next 10 years, hmm? good idea right?"
"You are brilliant, man. That we will do."

Mistwraithe

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bragizzle View Post
Could next patch remove the dodge stat from players IRL? As much fun as sitting through 7 rounds of Champion Draft selection is, it has come to my attention that some players have a 100% queue dodge chance... and that's overpowered
This is so necessary. Dodging draft games has become so endemic that I don't bother playing normal draft any more and even Ranked Draft games often have half a dozen rounds of champion selection before the game starts. It is no joke to say that there have been times I have spent more time waiting for a ranked game to start than actually playing it!

Since the same old people usually end up being dragged into each round of selection everyone also begins banning all the heroes that they KNOW the people in the other team want to play. Complete fail and boredom all around.

There should be a stand down period after dodging a ranked draft game, say 2 hours of not being able to start any game, or maybe 8 hours of not being able to start a ranked game if you think the former is too rough.

Because seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

ohmygolly

01-18-2012

i used to dodge arrows to the knee all day then riot removed dodge.

Arimaki

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher Vulgrim View Post
Now handle crit please. It doesn't even necessarily need to be removed entirely, but a cap would be nice. Anything over 35- 40% removes the 'chance' part of it, effectively doubling damage without actually building damage
No, crit is fine as is. thets take viegar his ult can destory every mage and do good damage to many ad plays. this kind of skill it must be a skill shot? nope wrong a again its a click and u die skill. ok what this has to do with crit? While many mages can get huge amount of damage with a few skills, exp i 2 shot and ignited a brand with annie primed a stun threw tibbers then Q fora fire ball then ignited his arse. he dead b4 the stun was off. besides a few champs who will go unnamed (cought Trynd... cough gp.....)
who really on crit who skills revole around crit. many champs ad champs need crit to keep up damage with the mass damage nuke mages have. And while most mages if u are close enough to can nuke u can normaly have some sort of cc built in to keap u away or some sort of defence build in to get away like annie stun or karthus' wall. while ad have to get in range of champs then Auto Attack long enough to do damage. Here is a cheat to get around this ad problem Look in ur store they sell Items that protect you from Both types of damage ad and ap..... But wait there look in armor you see a chestplate that returns ad to the guy hittng u back as ap damage! O! whats this frozen heart slows Auto attacks by 20% and gives ton of armor so if a tank gets these when vs team with heavy on ad ur tank will live longer and crit wont do much to him so here is a idea group up let the tank go in 1st many players will be scared and ether run or target him 1st, awww crit not not as bad as you thought when u have good team build IE tank tough ad fighter ether solo top or jungle a good nuker some ranged ad and a support.

But if you by your self soloing top with most your turrets pushed down and you get ganked by there ranged AD dont go cry crit unfair because you fed there ad to a point were he can 1v1 kill your team squishies with a few hits

Yasuchika

01-18-2012

Great, now you just need to remove Deadliness from the Offense Mastery Tree. It's way too strong early-game.