Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poppy vs. Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fleshwriter

07-18-2010

Hello,

i would like to compare skills of Poppy and Garen. I do not take as perks short cd of Poppy, since Garen have no mana.

Of course it all about skill, and knowlage how to use your toon, but in general here is what I think:

Passive: Sweet damage reduction | Sweet health regen = OK

Q skill: Huge damage | Movment speed + not bad damage + way to long silence = Garen wins

W skill: Movement speed + armor | Permament armor + Huge damage reduction = Garen wins

E skill: Stun + damage + range | Damage + cannot be slowed = Poppy wins

R skill: Some immunity + damage | Huge damage + range = Garen wins

Poppy 2 | 4 Garen

I think Poppy needs a slight buff, or Garen slight nerf - like silence timing reduction.

Herald of Heroes

07-18-2010

Poppy skills however have more synergy with each other, pop "r" on a target for extra damage then slam them into a wall with "e" and pound on them with "q" and some auto attacks and if they are not died pop "w" to chase them

Ideal

07-18-2010

garen's ult is trash bro

Fleshwriter

07-18-2010

Quote:
Herald of Heros:
Poppy skills however have more synergy with each other, pop "r" on a target for extra damage then slam them into a wall with "e" and pound on them with "q" and some auto attacks and if they are not died pop "w" to chase them

As I said its all about knowalage of your toon. This is general preview.

Besides:
Garen waiting in bush, then Q -> E -> R -> done. Quite similiar as poppy.

BlindRun

07-18-2010

At max level poppys ult gives 40% more damage to her target plus she cant be damaged by any source of damage but her target vs Garens ks ult = Poppy win

Naggarok

Recruiter

07-18-2010

Poppy's passive make it so all damage above 10% of her current Health is reduced by 50% and Garen's passive gives him 0.7 max health per second if he was not attacked in the past 7 second. How are those possible equal?

Fleshwriter

07-18-2010

Quote:
BlindRun:
At max level poppys ult gives 40% more damage to her target plus she cant be damaged by any source of damage but her target vs Garens ks ult = Poppy win

At max lvl Garen shield give 35% damage reduction. At fight it gives +5% to Poppy. Besides, Poppy target dies, and Poppy cant run away if other sources of damage are chacing her. For example 2 ppl, and eve W skill wont help her.

Irelia Hate Puns

07-18-2010

Poppy is fine. YOU LEAVE POPPY ALONE. Want to make a perfectly fine champion OP? I destroy with Poppy, you're just doing it wrong. And Garen > Poppy? Garen? Really? You best be trollin'.

Necrophagus

07-18-2010

That's not really a good way of comparing champions.

Gahzoo

07-18-2010

Garen's passive is trash.

Sure it the regen is nice, but c'mon that really only matters early game, AND a doran's shield and health pot should be all you need.

Garen's Q DOES NOT SCALE AT ALL, and Chogath silences for the same time (possibly longer) and it is AOE.

I really hope you are trolling, because the part about nerfing Garen almost made me cry.