I'm saying it: Last hitting is an archaic game mechanic

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjiluv View Post
even though youre obviously trolling this guy, you do make some valid points

Also this isnt WoW you silly billy. Its not a HEARTHSTONE as youre implying.

its a goddam blue pill. Get it right
hahaha that's hilarious I said hearthstone, whoops!

AcheronHades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narilera View Post
whoa! almost 1000 upvotes. I feel mild surprise that a red hasn't shown up and crushed the idea of a no-last hitting concept with the nerf bat of justice.
won't happen Riot knows where the Money is. Its even funnier since some would argue Riot is not happy with the way the game is played when they build it around it and are the only one who can actually change it.
This whole thread to me sounds more like change for the sake of change.

The Interficio

01-20-2012

Problem with this idea is that, a lot of the aggression in lane, is based around last hitting. You need to last hit to get better items, so as the opponent i know that, when one of my minions get low, i can deny you by poking you when you go into try and take it.

No last hitting would pretty much just put an artificial time lock on the game, in which players would all stay in lane for as long as possible accumulating experience and gold. You might even have an occurrence where people stay the maximum gold distance from creep, so that they are safer from ganks. Doing nothing for the first 12 minutes of the game.

Edit: As people have said before me, Dominion is what you are looking for- and is directed towards people of your inclination. Being that it is more fast paced and more about the close quarter tactics, less the over all strategy

sanjiluv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheronHades View Post
won't happen Riot knows where the Money is. Its even funnier since some would argue Riot is not happy with the way the game is played when they build it around it and are the only one who can actually change it.
This whole thread to me sounds more like change for the sake of change.
WOAH better slow down there.

Never question riot EVER. You either get downvotes or get called a paranoid delusional freak by a red. (Personal experience)

You question the system.......as the saying goes, "The nail that stands up, gets hammered down"

Dahaka

01-20-2012

Let's dumb the game down even more.

I like how you used Blizzard as an example, since that's what they do to most of their games too.

Grozban

01-20-2012

Not only change general lane mechanics, but!
Buffs all carries
Nerfs assassins
Every aoe champ owns every lane.

Might as well play dominion if you want free gold.

Dustbin

01-20-2012

Aahahahaaha as if this game wasn't casual enough, oh good lord my sides.
Did you complain Farmville was too hard as well?

Mobas based on dota do not work well without this, you clearly haven't played Demigod. They tried this and it was even more casual than LoL.

If you want to play a battle arena go play something like Bloodline champions, it'll probably be too hard for you if last hitting with no competition is too much though.

Dmon3y26

01-20-2012

This would dumb the game down, last hitting requires skill, Op is a dumbass.

Kite the Azure

01-20-2012

Was expecting a troll post and it turned out to be a well thought post.

10/10 would read again

sanjiluv

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon3y26 View Post
This would dumb the game down, last hitting requires skill, Op is a dumbass.
Fail troll is fail.

Troll post is bad.

"Last hitting requires skill" This entire GAME requires skill, get over yourself noob.