I'm saying it: Last hitting is an archaic game mechanic

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorsz

Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamurai7 View Post
strong early champs? you are clueless. Any champ can push a lane. Some slightly better than others. Thats why you have a lane mate to help you push.

Here is the current meta which is lame as hell, boring, and infuriating:

step 1) only last hit until you turtle.
step 2) let turret do all damage and last hit still for no penalty for turtling.
step 3) ping for jungler to gank
step 4) profit for passive turtling cowardly playstyle.

myself honestly...im a mans man and refuse to let someone push my lane like im some Bit*h. I would like to see the men get rewarded and not the cowards.

sadly now this is a cowards game. turtle, ping for gank, win.

if cowardice is a skill then I am proud to lose.
I will happily embrace the Blizzard game that punnishes the turtling chumps.


Coward? Its called using your intellect to play. Mr "mans man" who would charge into a gun battle guns blazing because he didnt want to be a coward, you woudlnt last long at all.

Play another game, this one isnt for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hratis Arai

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
It doesnt improve game play just because you say it does.

I love last hitting and its another scoring system to see how well you're doing vs your lane opponent.

Quit trying to dumb down the game for new players, go back to dominion.
You avoid open discussion by using personal attacks as a defense mechanism.

So back to that improving gameplay via improving an old clunky system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RageKilling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Cant last hit? Too bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hratis Arai

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
Coward? Its called using your intellect to play. Mr "mans man" who would charge into a gun battle guns blazing because he didnt want to be a coward, you woudlnt last long at all.

Play another game, this one isnt for you.
Outside of the term coward, and your personal aggression towards another person...

How do you avoid their point about passive gameplay not having a downside.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lynneb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

l2last hit more pew pew less qq. amidoingitrite?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoombaPrime

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Generally speaking I approve of this. Changing the gold income would allow the meta-game to be less gold per 10 heavy and let supports have gold. Improve champions that struggle with last hitting and make lanes less turtle heavy.

How it is implemented would be important; minions should be important to the game, gold gain needs to have risk/reward (otherwise 5 man mid pushes or other silly metas would dominate), exp gain might need altering, items might need to be changed. It's a serious overhaul that could cause significant balance issues.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rüthless

Member

01-18-2012

GUD 1, this thread is a joke pls close


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorsz

Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hratis Arai View Post
You avoid open discussion by using personal attacks as a defense mechanism.

So back to that improving gameplay via improving an old clunky system.

More like, you guys have zero evidence to say removing last hitting will improve the game.

Evidence that last hitting is such a cornerstone of this genre of games, look how great the genre of games with last hitting are doing.

I also see you guys trying to take out last hitting, as dumbing down a game I enjoy. How would you feel if I went to your favorite game and talking about scrapping the entire game because "I" didnt like it.

Its like who the hell do you think you are? Nobody is forcing you to play this, go play something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiz Khalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hratis Arai View Post
You avoid open discussion by using personal attacks as a defense mechanism.

So back to that improving gameplay via improving an old clunky system.
it's not an old clunky system just because YOU don't like it or just because YOU say so. it works perfectly. the whole game is balanced around it. it's fun. play a different game if you have problems with how it is because it won't change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hratis Arai

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageKilling View Post
Cant last hit? Too bad.
Do you think the ability to last hit is really the only reason for this thread?
Can you honestly say that only people who are incapable of last hitting would like to see an improvement on base mechanics to make the game more engaging and fluid?