Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm saying it: Last hitting is an archaic game mechanic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nehai

06-18-2012

I definitely support the passive gold gain. Creates a new meta. You can't simply put the AD carry at bottom anymore due to fear of kill lanes that would probably become a widely accepted new strategy. The inevitability of passive gold gain divers puts your team's mid and late game at risk and could cause a loss regardless of the enemy's own late game cohesion.

Plenty of action still with trying to push your enemy off their own minions and back to their tower where they gain nothing. Or pushing the minions so fast that the tower causes last hits and receives no gold. I see no real problems with this idea and should be implemented in some way. Atleast makes the first 10 to 15 minutes more interesting as the OP said. Perhaps even create a partial gold gain for minions dieing around you instead of full. Like gaining 1/4 the value.

Frin

07-02-2012

Yeah please do that, oh and lets start with 10000 gold, lots of cool items, no fog of war because is hard to see xDD and no towers please :B

tempname1032

02-03-2013

Im surprised riot hasnt done this already. They already make brain dead derp champs and are eliminating many aspects of depth

Slithan

02-03-2013

Great ideas!

Imaginationz

02-03-2013

I disagree with some aspects of this.

The further you push, the more money you get as the greater the multiplier value. If you're pushing, it probably means you're winning. If you're winning already, why would you have a mechanism that lets you snowball even harder? How is the defending team able to recover from such deficit?

Secondly, the point of getting kills is that you prevent them from farming, also denying them opportunities to defend objectives such as dragons, barons, towers, buffs, etc. Killing someone doesn't mean just gaining 300 gold, it allows for snowballing opportunities and objective control.

For example, as a jungler, I want to gank bot lane or the enemy mid player. If successful, it usually leads in taking the dragon. That is how you snowball. In regards to last hitting, sure it can be tedious, but there is more to it than just getting gold. A lot of poke and zoning is involved during the laning/farming phase. There is skill required and the more skillful the player, the more advantage they will come out with after the laning phase. If you trade well, you can send the player back to heal at fountain, and you can free farm while they are traveling back to lane.

Your concept is a great idea but I find it lacks depth.

imidorifeed2

05-02-2013

yaaaa

tainteddaze

05-02-2013

the tower minion death idea was my idea for about 1 year+ ago I do not like how you took it and tried to make it seem like your own. I have posted that idea for a while now. Also that is the best one out of the 4 idea to change anything. The others bring to many problems.

the first idea forces snowballing much easier cause the teams that get the first towers now get minion gold + extra gold income if they are already winning now they will win ever harder.

2nd idea about splitting minion gold that dies around the players again not really the best idea. but I could see this working better then number 1 and 4. Also ad carries kind of need supports to play with them because that class honestly without a support is pretty much trash for the most part. Now giving the support more gold just gimps the carry. But it would help out support players a lot but you would also get less true supports since gold is increase so much why not just bring a bruiser or something else to the lane that bring a lot more to the table with gold then supports do. Also it would make junglers less powerful and most of them would probably just start camping lanes instead of realling killing the jungle. Look at it this why why kill wraith camp when I can sit in top bush get exp and gold for doing nothing and maybe get a free kill to snowball my lane. Then just go get red blue and camp lanes again and keep doing it none stop. Why spend all that time killing anything else hurting yourself and forces yourself to go back more often with this change you wouldn't have to go back as much as roamers or junglers.

4th idea now can not happen at all again would increase snowballing of the champions that the enemy is playing against. Why should they get even more gold cause they moved up on the field when they already had a huge advantage. The team that is losing at the current moment doesn't have access to those area so meaning they will start to fall even farther behind in this game then it currently is set up.

Tegakari

05-02-2013

rolling a poisonmancer up in this necro

Gløry

05-02-2013

note to self, type game ideas into a pdf, you'll get job offers

Sirenmu

05-02-2013

CS is literally the core mehcanic of a moba game, removing this would require massive rebalances for many champions.
I agree to have an "arcade" mod where cs is not important, but removing CS from regular games would just strip away so much mechanics, it would create "top down call of duties" for normals and push the metagaming over the roof for ranked.