I'm saying it: Last hitting is an archaic game mechanic

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aldreth

01-25-2012

Last hitting is the way to see which player knows how to not over extend, I've been in a ton of games where the enemy team pushes us under our turrets, as top solo I do it on purpose, and we just let the jungler come gank them as soon as we're in position.

It's pretty funny how many people think they've "won" a lane when they've pushed the opponent under the turret, too bad they actually lost it because if you try to go for a minion right next to the turret you'll be CC'd and killed before you can get away.

iainB85

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I believe I have been misunderstood.
I totally agree with you on giving gold to the roles that need it the most !
And I'm not saying the supports need more gold, I'm saying that they could have a bit more fun by attacking minions while the carry gets the gold (because they deal most of the damage). Hell I play support half the time, I get 6 to 12 minion kills and I still have enough money for my stuff.

I think giving the gold to whoever dealt more damage wouldn't change much, except for people having to focus on tiny little minion hp bars. It would still need some skill (making sure not to waste too much damage on a single minion), but I think it would be more rewarding.
NO, stay in the bush and don't come out until the AD carry says you can.

CloudCarry

01-25-2012

close this thread already..last hitting is a must for this to be league of legends.

Bravest Bruiser

01-25-2012

I support this for sure, it sounds like a good way to finally put an end to this awful 0 cs support meta and make the game more fun.

Bigricky

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0zeno View Post
I support this for sure, it sounds like a good way to finally put an end to support heroes and make the game more stale.
*fixed*

Nexas

01-25-2012

Well written and various good points raised. Riot should seriously consider something along these lines if they want to remain at the top of the MOBA industry. The mechanic, while easy to implement and understand, is one that shouldn't be so deterministic of a game's outcome. The genre is Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, which would make me think there's a lot of action right from the get-go. Minus invasions and brush-baiting there isn't really much action at all for the first few minutes of the game; just mechanical play.

Guttler

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribunal Justice View Post
Also getting gold for standing around being cool make no sense. Go earn it.
How does getting xp from just standing around make sense?

If anything an alternative would be to force every player to tag each creep to get gold and xp regardless if they get the last hit or not.

Karolina

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
NO, stay in the bush and don't come out until the AD carry says you can.
But...
:<

iainB85

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttler View Post
How does getting xp from just standing around make sense?

If anything an alternative would be to force every player to tag each creep to get gold and xp regardless if they get the last hit or not.
It makes sense to these guys because that's how it's always been, just as only getting gold if you do the last hit makes sense to them.

Clearly it's the only way to judge skill because it's the way it's always been, and alternatives wouldn't foster any new game play, they would only make it casual only.

blaaaaaargh, errr.. execuse me, I threw up in my mouth a little there.

Bigricky

01-25-2012

keep telling yourself that kiddo...still as clueless as ever get out of 1200s plz thx