Smartcast Range Indicator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youkai Ningen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

So can anyone explain to me how this works? Or what it is suppose to do? Because I don't notice any difference when I turn it on.

It's a new option under "More Options".

Youkai Ningen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Anyone know anything about this?

Bossob

01-17-2012

Woah, they implemented that? If it does the same thing as it used to do, then it shows you a range indicator when you press the skillshot button, and casts the ability towards where your mouse is when you release it.

So, its for people who want to smartcast, but also want a range indicator to see how far their skill shot goes.

Youkai Ningen

01-17-2012

That is what I thought it would do myself. However whenever I activated it... I saw no difference, was disappointed. Haha

xzymethx

01-19-2012

it still doesnt do anything?? how to use this? i see no difference when on or off

xzymethx

01-20-2012

bump

xzymethx

01-21-2012

bump

xzymethx

01-21-2012

bump

japram

01-21-2012

If u use smartcast on things like viktors lazor, you hold down the spell button (E) to select the intial target point and drag the mouse to select the direction, once u release the button (e) it will shoot your spell in that line. This option just puts that blue arrow thingy when u do this, just like the range indicator on normal spells.

emptyopen

01-25-2012

Range indicators can be added by changing the value of the "SmartCastOnKeyRelease" option in your game.cfg (in the ...\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.x\deploy\data\cfg directory) from 0 to 1. This is an undocumented feature that is not directly supported by the in-game UI, and will allow you to see the targeting reticles of abilities while still being able to smart cast. Using this option there is also a bonus benefit that you can disrupt a mispressed key by rightclicking somewhere before you release the key.