League of Legends World Tour - Taiwan

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoker Vexille

Member

01-18-2012

So, what is that LoL box?? What comes inside it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerry Wong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy8211 View Post
get ready with asians about to fight whether taiwan is part of china or not =='
Taiwan broke away from China after the Chinese Civil War during the Cold War because China became communist and the democratic chinese people went to Taiwan as their only place to go when they lost, then they became independant from China because they were democratic. Nobody really fights that Taiwan should be part of China anymore.

My information might not be that acurate so someone can correct me if they like.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerry Wong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcadiac View Post
You will never truly find peace under a facist government. There is a reason the majority of the first world countries in the world does not adopt the communist system. Even without unification, just look at their people's freedom of rights: do they get to have 2 citizenships? No. Can they openly have Church service without being audited by the government? No.(that's why there are still so many underground Churches throughout china) Can they vote for their country's leader? No. and et cetera et cetera. Speaking about the past, on the news a couple of years ago Japanese stores were being vandalized in china due these people who destroyed the Japanese shops' mentality still dwell in WWII. When the day Taiwan becomes a part of china officially, that will be the limitation of our new 'freedom of rights'.
I like China and visiting there was a a great experience. But, China is changing. That is why it is not screwing up like North Korea or Cuba. The economy is pretty good compared to other communist country. But I have to say something, communism made china better because the emporers of China made it a crappy place and the peasants starved. I have seen people in China, and theres alot of happy citizens. I guess Mao screwed up but after some laws changed, China became much better and today, it is a trading partner with America.Before I went there, I had the same thoughts as you but China changed. Sorry for any grammer mistakes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElCadejoWil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Im from Nicaragua, an small country in Central America that recognize the Taiwan government They help a lot here trough donations, and they teach about his culture, really cool country, hope to see a new meta from these guys.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bayonetwork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-18-2012

Nice, Taiwan seems pretty sweet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerry Wong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnoob View Post
Taiwan is part of China you say? answer me this then. Why does the whole world treat Taiwan as an individual country now then. World Expo? Why did Taiwan have its own venue? Even China gives less of a s*** about Taiwan these days. Know all those joint projects they're doing? Especially in the technological side?

Yes. Taiwan got screwed by President Chen's whole scam that went on, mind you that screwed it up. But whose to say the US is not the same? What did Bush do? The government is not representative of the country as a whole. Taiwan culture is highly different from the culture of China. Especially in terms of food. If you'd ever actually lived in Taiwan, let alone lived there you would probably understand.

Furthermore, if you're a local in China when you buy stuff, they'll tell you "Made in Taiwan! Quality #1" Doesn't that tell you something? Aside from that the food in Taiwan is far better than China's. Bubble Tea? We made that. Our beef noodle soup? Far better than China's. Even all the Chinese say so. Do not put the Taiwanese in the same class as the Chinese.

The whole culture is completely different. Though there may be similarities, as a whole we are a different people. Saying Taiwan is part of China is like saying Korea is part of China.

(for those who don't get what I'm talking about, go brush up on your Asian History)

Edit: This is coming from the perspective of a Taiwanese, that has lived in both Taiwan and China(Beijing) as well as the US for an extended period of time.

Whoa, I am tired of replying alot of comments but dude, don't blame me when you see a mob of chinese people on your doorsteps..... ok jk Chinese food are really good imo. Bubble tea? Excuse me? Those things are **** and unhealthy as sht. Do you know what Bubble Tea contains? Both side's food is debatable... but Chinese food is better than taiwanese food. and btw.... are you truely taiwanese? I am chinese and i have a bunch of taiwanese friends. you sound as if your ancesters were only taiwanese.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nullbringer

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Thumbs up for Taiwan!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xTHExNOOBx

Junior Member

01-18-2012

oh yeah Taiwan is da best!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jongiplane

Junior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerferian View Post
forget the 'legal or not legal' stuff but u and i are not to determine whether taiwan is part of china or not. Its the taiwanese to decide. You can say the whole world doesnt consider Taiwan is a country, but learn the political reasons behind before you comment. As long as the Taiwanese say they do not belong to China then thats the final decision. End of story NOW!
I'm probably more educated than you are on the subject, judging by your arguments. You're right; it is not up to you and me to decide Taiwan's status. It is the law's. And legally, it is not a sovereign state. There's really nothing else to say about it.
Just because a group of radicals want to say that they are independent, doesn't automatically free them or give them new legal rights and a new constitution. And if Taiwan ever did pull such a radical move, China would have every legal right to take military action against it, and the UN would have nothing to say about it. It doesn't matter how upset you get, pal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerferian

Junior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongiplane View Post
I'm probably more educated than you are on the subject, judging by your arguments. You're right; it is not up to you and me to decide Taiwan's status. It is the law's. And legally, it is not a sovereign state. There's really nothing else to say about it.
Just because a group of radicals want to say that they are independent, doesn't automatically free them or give them new legal rights and a new constitution. And if Taiwan ever did pull such a radical move, China would have every legal right to take military action against it, and the UN would have nothing to say about it. It doesn't matter how upset you get, pal.
Well I'm not sure whose law you are referring to that specifically states taiwan is part of china. They elect their own president, have their own currency, have their own parliament etc etc etc...im not sure what ur argument is based on..maybe your home country does not recognize taiwan as a country but there are others that do. Those that don't have economic ties with China thats why they don't want to recognize taiwan. The same applies for Israel.... US says is a country but Iran does not. And for your info, I live in Hong Kong. I am extremely familiarized on this subject.....