League of Legends World Tour - Taiwan

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowGPX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

there are no girls at all.....T_T

AbominableToast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

I formally request that the title is changed to "Northern Hemisphere Tour"

Sincerely -New Zealand

Tyrlol

01-18-2012

Just another reason for me to love this great country!

Tyrlol

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnoob View Post
Taiwan is part of China you say? answer me this then. Why does the whole world treat Taiwan as an individual country now then. World Expo? Why did Taiwan have its own venue? Even China gives less of a s*** about Taiwan these days. Know all those joint projects they're doing? Especially in the technological side?

Yes. Taiwan got screwed by President Chen's whole scam that went on, mind you that screwed it up. But whose to say the US is not the same? What did Bush do? The government is not representative of the country as a whole. Taiwan culture is highly different from the culture of China. Especially in terms of food. If you'd ever actually lived in Taiwan, let alone lived there you would probably understand.

Furthermore, if you're a local in China when you buy stuff, they'll tell you "Made in Taiwan! Quality #1" Doesn't that tell you something? Aside from that the food in Taiwan is far better than China's. Bubble Tea? We made that. Our beef noodle soup? Far better than China's. Even all the Chinese say so. Do not put the Taiwanese in the same class as the Chinese.

The whole culture is completely different. Though there may be similarities, as a whole we are a different people. Saying Taiwan is part of China is like saying Korea is part of China.

(for those who don't get what I'm talking about, go brush up on your Asian History)

Edit: This is coming from the perspective of a Taiwanese, that has lived in both Taiwan and China(Beijing) as well as the US for an extended period of time.
Spot on man +1. I've only lived in Taiwan for four months and I know this to be true. Taiwan products are quality, and the food is unbeatable! Also about all the governmental stuff. I made sure to educate myself upon arrival so I didn't come off as just another white-devil ignorant foreigner, haha!

Freebirdfood

01-18-2012

I love how they're all so calm and relaxed in the pictures, because online they make it seem like they'd gut you IRL with the closest sharp object if given the chance, for trivial misplays.

DJ9 Zanfire

01-18-2012

Why doesn't blizzard come to Japan :/
日本に来て、お願い。

jongiplane

01-18-2012

Taiwan is considered part of East Asia (Korea, Japan, etc.), not Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, etc.).

jongiplane

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathnoob View Post
Taiwan is part of China you say? answer me this then. Why does the whole world treat Taiwan as an individual country now then. World Expo? Why did Taiwan have its own venue? Even China gives less of a s*** about Taiwan these days. Know all those joint projects they're doing? Especially in the technological side?

Yes. Taiwan got screwed by President Chen's whole scam that went on, mind you that screwed it up. But whose to say the US is not the same? What did Bush do? The government is not representative of the country as a whole. Taiwan culture is highly different from the culture of China. Especially in terms of food. If you'd ever actually lived in Taiwan, let alone lived there you would probably understand.

Furthermore, if you're a local in China when you buy stuff, they'll tell you "Made in Taiwan! Quality #1" Doesn't that tell you something? Aside from that the food in Taiwan is far better than China's. Bubble Tea? We made that. Our beef noodle soup? Far better than China's. Even all the Chinese say so. Do not put the Taiwanese in the same class as the Chinese.

The whole culture is completely different. Though there may be similarities, as a whole we are a different people. Saying Taiwan is part of China is like saying Korea is part of China.

(for those who don't get what I'm talking about, go brush up on your Asian History)

Edit: This is coming from the perspective of a Taiwanese, that has lived in both Taiwan and China(Beijing) as well as the US for an extended period of time.
Taiwan is not legally a sovereign nation, sorry. You can argue until your face turns blue, but Taiwan is not a sovereign nation ("not a country"), and no, the world does not consider it so. Very few nations (and none that matter) consider Taiwan a country. End of story. Nothing more to argue.

Nerferian

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongiplane View Post
Taiwan is not legally a sovereign nation, sorry. You can argue until your face turns blue, but Taiwan is not a sovereign nation ("not a country"), and no, the world does not consider it so. Very few nations (and none that matter) consider Taiwan a country. End of story. Nothing more to argue.
forget the 'legal or not legal' stuff but u and i are not to determine whether taiwan is part of china or not. Its the taiwanese to decide. You can say the whole world doesnt consider Taiwan is a country, but learn the political reasons behind before you comment. As long as the Taiwanese say they do not belong to China then thats the final decision. End of story NOW!

trewdys

01-18-2012

That girl is FTW colalin now stop asking tyvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanfire Steel View Post
Why doesn't blizzard come to Japan :/
日本に来て、お願い。
If you are truly Japanese you should know how dead the PC gaming scene is there.