League of Legends World Tour - Taiwan

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenix12345

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekurak View Post
Come to Australia and not just to Sydney come to Perth too!
I know, Sydney get's bloody everything. Melbourne! Anywhere but Sydney!

ScreamingPancake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

I'm Taiwanese too ^^

Aegis Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsk8er4lifex View Post
Meh. Why are people fighting over Taiwan being part of China?....Taiwan is a independent country. That is why its not called China....Derp.
People will always fight about the independant nature of Taiwan vs. China because the ROC and PRC never signed a formal armistice after the Chinese civil war.

AFAIK, part of the ROC's (Taiwan) constitution still states that China is part of the ROC, which basically says Taiwan still has a legitimate claim over China or territories within China. So in a manner of speaking, Taiwan is part of China, but who does China belong to? The ROC or PRC? That leads back to the end of the civil war and the lack of an armistice. When the KMT was pushed out of China into Taiwan, the ROC government had always intended to go back to the mainland.

But over the years both governments have pretty much gone their separate ways and done their own things, particularly when Taiwan was under the DPP government rule (which was pro-independance).

Both governments still bicker about the "one China" policy, which funnels down to the civilian population and fuels their views on independance or unification. People should really grow up and learn to get alone. Let the past stay in the past and work together towards a better future.

Kazémandias

01-17-2012

I hate it when everyone down-rates any comment that contains "Australia", "Aus" or "Aussie". I knew American society was the most racist and discriminating society I've ever heard of, which factors into their 2 stars worth of LoL community. Well I'm an Aussie myself and I think Riot needs to get their asses down here in the southern hemisphere where we have around 2 million players, ain't that enough? Either that, or Riot is just blind and dumb to even know that there's an island country called "Australia".

TZboy

01-17-2012

Taiwan!!

Cupiter

01-17-2012

So much win on Taipei 101.

JulyFruit

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual Fanfare View Post
People should really grow up and learn to get alone. Let the past stay in the past and move towards a better future.
Tell that to all the ragers/afkers/trolls in game

not gonna happen bro

DeusExLamina

01-17-2012

My professor for an Asian Religions class I took in college was from Taiwan. Besides teaching about stuff like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism, she liked to go into her own background and experiences concerning Taiwan and China. She was a really cool person, and left a very positive impression of Taiwan on me.

That said, I think it's great that League of Legends is becoming so popular there so quickly! Taiwanese gamers seem like awesome people, I can't wait to see their top players getting into the fray with the NA, EU, Oceania, and the other Asian teams in competitive tournaments.

Kreshno

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual Fanfare View Post
People will always fight about the independant nature of Taiwan vs. China because the ROC and PRC never signed a formal armistice after the Chinese civil war.

AFAIK, part of the ROC's (Taiwan) constitution still states that China is part of the ROC, which basically says Taiwan still has a legitimate claim over China or territories within China. But both governments have pretty much gone their separate ways and doing their own things, particularly when Taiwan was under ther DPP government (pro-independance).

Both governments still bicker about the "one China" policy, which funnels down to the civilian population and fuels their views on independance or unification. People should really grow up and learn to get alone. Let the past stay in the past and move towards a better future.
You will never truly find peace under a facist government. There is a reason the majority of the first world countries in the world does not adopt the communist system. Even without unification, just look at their people's freedom of rights: do they get to have 2 citizenships? No. Can they openly have Church service without being audited by the government? No.(that's why there are still so many underground Churches throughout china) Can they vote for their country's leader? No. and et cetera et cetera. Speaking about the past, on the news a couple of years ago Japanese stores were being vandalized in china due these people who destroyed the Japanese shops' mentality still dwell in WWII. When the day Taiwan becomes a part of china, that will be the limitation of our new 'freedom of rights'.

Ayriuss

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClinkzioAuditore View Post
I hate it when everyone down-rates any comment that contains "Australia", "Aus" or "Aussie". I knew American society was the most racist and discriminating society I've ever heard of, which factors into their 2 stars worth of LoL community. Well I'm an Aussie myself and I think Riot needs to get their asses down here in the southern hemisphere where we have around 2 million players, ain't that enough? Either that, or Riot is just blind and dumb to even know that there's an island country called "Australia".
Lol Asians are generally way more racist, the older population anyway. And that's been confirmed by many of my Asian friends. And I really dont have a problem with that either, its a pretty normal thing to distrust or dislike foreigners. Its mostly the south US that is truly racist anyway. And most internet "racists" aren't racist in real life anyway, its just trolling and talking s***.