ESRB Rating of League is T?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poosham

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

According to ESRB:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Quote:
TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
Am I the only one who finds this humorous considering the type of things you can get banned for?

Am I just mad? Yea, I just got permanently banned (goodbye ~$60). I deserved my first few temporary bans, but when I found out you can get permanently banned I thought I was doing an okay job to not get anymore offenses. Being that this game isn't rated E (for everyone), I thought I was fine. Sure I was probably annoying in some games, but I didn't feel like I said anything that could legitimately upset anyone. I maybe mentioned how people were lame playing certain champs, or how my teammates were holding our team back, occasionally talked a little trash (and most of the time ate my own words), but it all seemed reasonable to me.

Since Riot doesn't tell you what exactly you did wrong, I didn't know how else to go about it. I know Riot takes a look at each case individually when they do permanent bans (thank goodness). If this game was rated E, then yea maybe it's understandable that since not everything was butterflies and rainbows that came out of my mouth I got banned. But since the game is rated T however, I don't feel like I should have to behave as if I'm babysitting a bunch of 10 year olds, we should have some type of freedom to have some fun and banter a bit. Just because people are mad that I might say something slightly negative towards them, they are going to report me because it's so easy to do. Plus to be honest, there are all the little goody goodys that act like they are still on safety patrol from fifth grade, and they'll just act offended even if they aren't.

To sum it up, two things:
1. This is a warning that you might be wasting your money if you don't act like you are babysitting a bunch of 10 year olds.
2. Why is this game rated T for teen?

Peppaz

01-17-2012

I'm betting your behavior was a lot worse than you are implying if you got permabanned.

killd0zer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

I love how he works this into an anti tribunal argument

Poosham

01-17-2012

Nah I mean I said my first few were but I honestly thought I was doing a better job of keeping my mouth shut (even though I didn't know exactly what it was).

And yea I worked into that but because that is why I brought this up. If it's related T then why do they protect their players like they are 8 year olds who can't be subjective to anything negative?

Koalafied

01-17-2012

well since you agreed to the terms of use or w/e they're called it usually means riot can ban your account for whatever reasons they want to and dont have to tell you because you technically dont own ur account they do. atleast this is the case for most gaming companies.

its also ironic that you made a thread about a bunch of 10 year olds...

Jayahballard

01-17-2012

too hard to read OP with that faded coloring

Poosham

01-17-2012

Yea I know I did, I know they are legally allowed to do this, doesn't mean it's fair necessarily. Not the point of the post though.

And I got banned, therefore I'm 10?

smokin thrills

01-17-2012

ESRB has nothing to do with human interaction in games

Poosham

01-17-2012

No one thinks there's a disconnect between the games rating and the rules by which Riot controls what we can say?

Brucedx

01-17-2012

Should be M, Amumu ulti and Cho ulti, BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!