Solo queue ranked games weakness abuse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

newbin

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldeem View Post
I couldn't agree any more with you, Solrac.

I've been working on getting my solo elo up. After just a few matches with TROLLS and LEAVERS, it's back down a huge amount. This is very disconcerting to me, because in my time with LoL, I have found players to be quite serious in normal games and the exact opposite in ranked. In the solo queue I have seen players- play a character they just purchased and/or they don't play them that often. Only leaving the majority of the work for the rest of us to pick up. That being said, a 4v5 is typically game over and at that point you're fighting just to pass time by until 20 mins to surrender.

Riot really needs to address this problem, and I believe that you have two great ideas they could use or branch off of to help improve our playing experience.
It really depends on your Elo the higher you get the less trolls and leavers. This is the main reason i play support champs too I can make up for trolls, noobs, and leavers most of the time.

Metaphisto

01-18-2012

There are trolls and feeders at all ELO levels. There is no magic ELO number where trolls and feeders cease to exist.

Although I am not highly ranked at all I have seen an increase in the amount of trolls in 2k ELO. It almost looks like I am playing ranked, except these teams can usually carry better than I (mine) can.

GG Prophet

01-18-2012

ok heres my suggestion... you should get elo once every week the better you do in your game the less elo you should loose because I keep getting matched up with people who shouldnt even think about playing ranked and its really upsetting me and I don't even want to play LoL any more because the ques are so bad. they should give elo once a week for how many games you've won and how well you've done in them. Feeders ruin everyones score because they feed the team putting u at a dissavantage u might say? absolutely true but you shouldn't be paired u with to many bad players because there elo will be much lower! because if u are actually good then ur elo will stay neutrel or go up not down because you get dragged down by feeders.

Kenbo Calrissian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Punishing leavers with 3x less elo just exacerbates elo hell. Great, you've managed to put them all in one place, but now we're definitely never seeing that unlucky guy who just wandered into the wrong games his first few times.

Metaphisto

01-19-2012

Solrac Orenroc, yesterday I played a game with you on my team (you were Vlad mid and I was jungling with Udyr). Your lane opponent was Kennen. You had a very rough time against him and because of that the rest of the team did also until I got tanky as all hell.

There were a few mistakes I noticed you made and I would like to constructively criticize your game play. I am in no way saying these things to belittle you or be a jerk. Please do not take it that way.

The first thing I saw is that you were in front of your minion wave often times. This is a bad idea with any champion that has a skill shot, but especially champs like Kennen who have high movement speed. If you keep a minion between you and Kennen there is no way that he can harass you with anything other than an auto attack.

Before level 2 or 3 you are stronger in lane than Kennen so make the most out of it, harass him often with auto attacks or your Q (with Vlad). Because of Vlad's Q you can force him to blue pill while you have free farm.

Once Kennen gets his movement speed buff skill (forget the name and what key it is assigned to at the moment) you will have to stand behind the caster creeps and run to your tower every time he uses it after he hits level 6. If you stay in lane to fight him when he has his ult you will die if he is having his way with the lane.

Another thing I noticed is that you would start a fight with Kennen when you had very little health while he had almost all of his. You also used your pool (W) at the wrong time. Every time the fights seemed to end in the same way: You would attack and use abilities (bringing down your health even more), while Kennen beat you handily with his q and auto attack. Once you were low on health (and ignited) you would pool behind your minion wave only to have Kennen rush in with movement speed buff, catch you with his debuff, and then use the skill that procs off of the debuff he gave you. You died each fight.

Instead of pooling as soon as you are low on health (which is not always a good idea. Your pool uses a lot of health) wait until Kennen uses his skill. Run behind your creep wave by walking and if Kennen uses the movement skill to chase you use your pool. In that game you most likely would have died anyway, but you might have been able to snag a kill off him if you did enough damage and lured him into your tower range.

Again, I am only trying to help you in realizing that it might not be your teammates' faults, but it could be your own as well. The best way to raise your ELO is to focus on your own play. If you can constantly do well in games (doing well does not mean you have a positive score) your ELO will rise and continue to do so.

ButtScience

01-19-2012

You can't get lucky all the time. I'm cereal.

doomlord7878

01-20-2012

yeah for some reason way more trolls leavers in ranked then their are in normals like almost every other game has one up to like 1.6k elo then it starts to get better. been trying to get my alts account elo up and just forgot how hard it is my mains at 1.8-2k elo and it took me forever to get over 1.4k elo. just dont understand how people lose a game where im 6 and 0 in lane go into team fight time and people just run around get ganked chase into the worst places ever and just find ways to lose a game when i can like 1v3 anyone on the other team its just getting dumb. + one in every 3 games i had under 1.5k elo thier was an afker like 1/2 of them where just from lvl 1 but other ones just die 3 times in 6mins then afk because they are that bad and rage.

ADC SENPAl

04-11-2012

I think its a great idea to make it a forgiven loss for leavers, but the person who left needs to be punished and should obviously not get a "forgiven Loss" However I disagree with the 500 normal wins, that would make no difference