Effective Level Grinding In AI Matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

01-16-2012

Right now I'm playing a lot of intermediate Co-Op vs. AI games to level myself up to 30.

Co-Op vs. AI games will give you less rewards than normal/ranked games however they are much easier to win consistently under 30 minutes per match.

To see more details go to the LoL wiki.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Co-op_vs._AI

I've gotten a handle on how to predict the AI actions in every match so now most of my XP farming matches end with high kills/supports and low deaths.

I main Sivir for my leveling, because I can reliably predict the AI movements and actions enough to get her well-farmed every game and push strongly to compensate for any potential difficulties faced by team mates.

It's easier to grind with AI games because of the predictability of AI opponents.

When the first enemy turret goes down, the AI team is programmed to start leaving lane for ganks at that point.

The enemy AI will not chase you right away if you are at a certain distance and your minions are present to draw away aggro.

EDIT: Also, the enemy AI will in most cases refrain from chasing you into the range of your turret if they don't have their minions with them.

You can easily starve the mid AI enemy of farm by chasing them away or killing them in the early laning phase. The AI champs will start running instead of fighting back if you hit them while they have low health or low minion accompaniment.

Learn to focus fire on specific targets during team fights and you can gain a massive advantage in kills. This is however true of any match regardless of opponent.

Does anyone else want to share their advice and success stories with particular champs when playing Intermediate games?

S0T0

Recruiter

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
Right now I'm playing a lot of intermediate Co-Op vs. AI games to level myself up to 30.

Co-Op vs. AI games will give you less rewards than normal/ranked games however they are much easier to win consistently under 30 minutes per match.

To see more details go to the LoL wiki.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Co-op_vs._AI

I've gotten a handle on how to predict the AI actions in every match so now most of my XP farming matches end with high kills/supports and low deaths.

I main Sivir for my leveling, because I can reliably predict the AI movements and actions enough to get her well-farmed every game and push strongly to compensate for any potential difficulties faced by team mates.

It's easier to grind with AI games because of the predictability of AI opponents.

When the first enemy turret goes down, the AI team is programmed to start leaving lane for ganks at that point.

The enemy AI will not chase you right away if you are at a certain distance and your minions are present to draw away aggro.

EDIT: Also, the enemy AI will in most cases refrain from chasing you into the range of your turret if they don't have their minions with them.

You can easily starve the mid AI enemy of farm by chasing them away or killing them in the early laning phase. The AI champs will start running instead of fighting back if you hit them while they have low health or low minion accompaniment.

Learn to focus fire on specific targets during team fights and you can gain a massive advantage in kills. This is however true of any match regardless of opponent.

Does anyone else want to share their advice and success stories with particular champs when playing Intermediate games?
Get your team to gank for easy 20 kills in 10minutes.

Cenerae

01-16-2012

I could take any champion into co-op vs AI and stomp the bots, really.

If you're looking just for quick wins, best to pick someone like Olaf who can chunk towers very fast early game, or someone who can clear minion waves rapidly like Singed, Karma or Janna.

Also, I hope your account is a smurf, because it's not a smart thing to be doing for newcomers <_<

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

This is not really a great plan. It trains you how to beat predictiable bots, instead of fighting players.

I would use vs Bots games ONLY to make your first-wins really predictable timing wise, or if you can only play a few games in a day and want that 1st win.

Bots are also ok for learning a new champ. But otherwise, play with players. DOnt spend hours and hours and hours grinding.

BTripp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

why would anyone grind bots for any reason

it's the most boring thing ever. you can't even test item builds effectively because the bots are pretty much permanently level 10-12 from dying so much and explode from being hit by anything.

Anything past 20 minutes and you can pentakill them with pretty much any champ and any build. So fun seeing who can KS the most. zzz -_-

muusbolla

01-18-2012

This isn't a god**** MMO. There's nothing to be gained from leveling faster. And when you hit level 30 you are going to get absolutely STOMPED because you didn't develop the skills you need to play against other people.

I sincerely hope you never play ranked because you are going to ruin so many games.

ashtray4joo

01-18-2012

As others have said, take your time, learn the tactics and strengths and weaknesses of as many champs as you can. This can only be done by playing other people. If you have no desire to play other people, but always play co-op even at 30 then you're doing just fine, but if you plan on eventually playing others don't bot so much.

If they had bots around when I was leveling I would have probably used them to get my first win, then played other people.

D4rk4angeL

01-18-2012

I agree with the others. Bot games are fine to learn new champions or try builds but not to get better at the game. Levels only give you mastery points rest of the things you need is from IP which you can't rush too much. I think at Lv30 full rune page costs around ~12k+ IP points. You would do better farming IP/XP while learning to deal with players.

Wolfalisk

01-18-2012

You cannot starve a bot of farm. They get their items anyway. What you can do is deny them XP by killing them constantly, thus feeding yourself. You then proceed to wreck them because they are 9 levels behind and you have your Infinity Edge.

JohnnyOmega

01-19-2012

By the way, I never said which level I started grinding from but apparently some are getting the wrong idea.

I have played against actual players but by level 24 I decided to just get myself to level 30 since I was being matched with and against level 30 players a lot.

Most of my matches in Normals became pretty much either enemy team surrenders early because I pushed half their turrets to hell or somebody starts trolling on my team to ruin the game for my side. My win rate was about 70% in Normals before my current grind fest.

Before dipping into Ranked, I'm going to play a lot of Normals first to gain experience with enough champs to have at least two or three good to go after bans.

It's not like I'm automatically going to be placed in Ranked games upon hitting lvl 30 so there's really no problem here.