Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton: Three Quality of Life Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarlingNiki

01-17-2012

Foreword: These changes do nothing to the numbers behind the abilities. This is not a BUFF RENEKTON post, just mechanics changes that would make playing Renekton more enjoyable and less ahh why did he do that??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change One: Decouple the stun and swings of Ruthless Predator

Currently, Ruthless Predator (RP) binds Renekton in place for the duration of the ability. It works as a self-snare part of the time, especially noticeable against champions like Irelia with Mercury treads. With an unempowered RP, she can take action before Renekton can.

Fix: RP either stuns for 0.75 seconds or 1.5 seconds as soon as it is used, but the damage (swings) have a timer, I suggest similar to Pantheon's Swift Strikes. It would encourage more dynamic gameplay (do I want the damage from RP or do I want to stun and get out?), still give Renekton the stun, but would remove the self-CC that the ability has now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change Two: When Ruthless Predator is activated, targeting is not reset.
I cannot describe how frustrating it is to be chasing down a champion through minions, activating RP, and having Renekton stop and stun the nearest creep. I know it sounds noobish, but if your timing isn't next to flawless, it will happen.

Fix: When Ruthless Predator is activated, maintain the current target.

Change Three: When Dice is activated, reset targets and commands.
Currently, when you Dice, Renekton will run back towards whatever target he attacked before Dice was activated. So Slice --> Cull the Meek --> Dice also makes Renekton run towards the Culled targets. The majority of the time, this is not what the summoner wants.

Fix: When Renekton reaches the end of his Dice, he should be in 'waiting' mode, as in, no command has been issued. This would prevent him from running back towards whatever he's running from (although rarely does he run.)

That's it. Nothing game breaking, just a few quality of life alterations. On a side note, his passive is pretty meh and Nasus' ult >>> than Renekton's. 100 damage at level 18 or 240 damage at level 18 ... hmmmm. I'd suggest his ultimate lower his other ability cooldowns by 1/1.5/2 seconds, but that's for a different thread.

Thanks for reading.

DarlingNiki

01-17-2012

Really? No one plays the Croc anymore?

Felza

01-17-2012

darling, I do
hmm these are nice ones to pick up and have noticed too. by anymeans I still feel like W and passive also ulti should be taken to the next level.

Tihakshnaran

01-17-2012

I agree with the proposed changes, it would make playing Renekton much better, in my opinion.

What anoyed me the most with the crocodile is when you use Ruthless Predator to hit an enemy champion, Renekton just turn around and hits a creep, "stunning" himself for 0,75 (or 1,5 seconds AND wasting fury). This is a particularly bad problem when you use Ruthless Predator with his dash. Sometimes you dash to an enemy champion, and as soon Renekton´s finish dashing, he will turn and atack a creep (or start to walk back to the place he was before, you also suggest a good change about that).

I think that´s because of the auto-targeting. When RP is activated, the next auto-atack Renekton gives will use the ability. So, if you activate it and a creep gets too close, Renek will just walk to him and use RP. Maybe RP should stop Renekton from auto-targeting at all for the duration of the ability, unless its a target that you have previously selected by clicking? Like, you click at an enemy and activates RP, Renekton will not atack anyone else while RP is activated, unless you select a new target?

Thané

01-17-2012

yea not bad ideas. i rarely notice the problems you want fixed, but they are def there. as far as stunning himself, i think their idea was that you get massive damage for the trade off, but it is still annoying.

for his ultimate, make its damage scale with his missing hp% and it would be perfect. his only other problem is his sustain. i say either make his cull have an increased lifesteal cap on minions when used un-empowered(its fine against champs as it is now), OR, make his fury decay give him increased hp10 as it decays. either way, he would still have to push the lane to get his sustain, but at least he would have some.

DarlingNiki

01-17-2012

Yea like I said, the changes aren't to change the mechanics (entirely, change 1 does a little), but more just to smooth out gameplay. The most annoying is by far hitting a creep for the stun. It happens regularly, and so it's known, I am clicking madly on the champion I want to stun.

I still feel like there's not too many Renekton players out there.

Tihakshnaran

01-18-2012

Actually, after reading again your proposals, I realized I don´t fully agree with the first one. As I said before, the bad thing about his W (Ruthless Predator) is how he just auto-target something randomly sometimes when activated ( You want to hit an enemy champion, Renekton just goes and hit a minion for no reason).

The skill as it is is kinda fine for me. I believe most people don´t know how that skills works, it´s ok on 1v1, but it is one of the best stuns in the game if others on your team are around. It´s kinda like Malzahar´s ult. The stun kicks in two times: first when you start the swinging animations, and second on the last swing. Renekton takes 0,75 seconds to hit two swings, or almost 1,5 seconds to hit three swings with fury. This means that for your team mates, the enemy was stunned for 0,75 (while your swinging) plus 0,75 after you finished (1,5 seconds), or if you used fury, for almost 1,5 (while swinging) plus 1,5 after you finish (3 seconds). The enemy will be stunned for 1,5 or 3 seconds, but during half that time Renekton will be "stunned" too, except that he will be atacking (2 atacks without fury or 3 atacks with fury). I think the skill is kinda fine, it´s not that good if you are on 1 v 1, but as I said, it is AWESOME if you have team mates around, it´s kinda of a fair exchange.

Lizardons

01-18-2012

Really your idea is not bad at all. i would like to see these changed executed on renekton. However I do still think he needs some other buffs as well to make him more viable.

DarlingNiki

01-19-2012

Other opinions?

solidfake

01-19-2012

good proposals, I will give my opinion tomorrow to it (it's late already)

but for now, added your thread to the main Renekton thread in the General Forum!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1515193