Shen or Rammus for tanking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qalamar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

I'm just about to hit 3150ip and am having trouble deciding which tank I want to play. How has the taunt nerf affected rammus? I've also heard he gets banned fairly often in ranked games (not that Im anywhere close to being there). Any input is appreciated. :-)

thehoodie

01-19-2011

I don't think the nerf actually got implemented because my cooldowns are the same

spooki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Both are fun, both are going to make the enemies curse your name when you play them right.. do some searching on runes/builds, see which one you have better runes for.

or wait till each one is free and try 'em out.

GhostDieM

01-19-2011

I think Rammus might be a bit more straight forward in regards of tanking (since you mentioned you're not close to ranked I'm going to assume you're not lvl 30 yet). Rammus has a single target ult and his powerball is great for initiating, this means you're usually pretty close to the fire and can straight up force enemies to focus you and tank their damage. Shen is more of a support tank with his ult, vorpal and skillshot dash and requires high map awareness and understanding of mechanics to use your skill-set effectively (ie who on your team do you ult, when do you do it, who's where on the map and what's gonna happen next etc).

Zebulone

01-19-2011

I bought rammus and I just hate him, should've bought shen

Claricorp

01-19-2011

as the above said its all personal preference. Rammus can jungle pretty well if your looking for that too.

Uch

01-19-2011

Rammus' taunt is more then ...ok

CosmicWizard

01-19-2011

Rammus is more tanky than shen, but he cant tp like shen to help ally.

CapTortuga

01-19-2011

If your question is only about taunt, think of this:

Rammus taunt:

-hits only 1 target
-short range
-longer taunt time
-synergy with the other abilities (w and r)

Shen taunt

-Multiple targets
-Longer range
-Shorter taunt time
-Can be used to escape/chase

That being said it goes to this: Rammus has a more aggressive taunt while Shen has a more supporting one to help allies. I recently came to the same choice and went for Rammus, but only because I already play Singed as a support and I think I will get Shen soon too.

Oh, and about the nerf, it was just lame. Rammus is still quite OP.