Sejuani Patch discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
maokai says hi
I'm not following. Was he nerfed?

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

My take on the patch, having zero games played under it

Ahri changes aren't that big of a deal. She'll still be solid.

Dr. Mundo changes are very nice. Base attack speed is a very important stat, as it is what all IAS is calculated from (i.e. IAS stacks multiplicatively with base attack speed, but additively with other IAS). I don't think it all puts him above a niche champ, but I hope so!

Fizz bug fixes are welcome. I got tricked into tossing a fish at a Poppy because I thought it would drop at her feet

Graves nerfs are fine. He's a very, very good Dom pick, and I think he'll stay that way. I never saw his ult as critical to his success.

Jarvan IV changes could help with early CDR builds. I know I tend to run all of my champs out of mana with how rush CDR on pretty much everyone More likely, though, it's not going to really matter in Dom.

Jax remake is too tough to call. Some insane damage in there, but the loss of his old passive is pretty huge. I think he'll be a strong pick, and possibly a ban: those rank 5 empowered/ulted sheen procs will HURT.

Nunu buffs seem irrelevant for Dom, as his autoattacks really only matter for jungling in SR. Or is there some super-awesome bruiser Nunu build I don't know about?

Rammus changes are great. Not enough to drop him out of his status as the best champ in Dom, but definitely a good step, as it should have little impact on SR.

Riven changes are beyond my knowledge to call, as I rarely every play her. Health regen is a who-cares, but the movespeed nerf and balancing of her abilities (which is a nerf, I think) might put her out of the mix. I kind of doubt it, though.

Shaco moves more and more to AD. FWIW, I think AD Shaco is > AP Shaco anyhow. I've played a lot of both, and AD Shaco is incredibly strong. The only reason AP Shaco sees more play is that he's great for the lawlz. In the end, this change should bump AP shaco down a good amount while leaving AD Shaco as a ban (though maybe he drops out of the bans for Wukong).

Skarner nerfs make me really sad. I like having him as a powerhouse champ, and now he may just lose that status. The mana hit on Q hurts his bottom game, and the ult CD increase really sucks, as unlike Graves, it's something you really want to have for every fight if you can. I think we may all be missing his kind soon

Tryndamere nerfs are awesome. Die you obnoxious pubstomper

Vayne nerfs are warranted, and I can't see them as doomsday changes for her. It'll be harder to carry as her, but with support, she'll still be bosstastic. In other words, I think it'll be a much bigger hit to her pubstomping than her tournament play.

Vladimir buffs seem like a great way to reduce his level 9 syndrome, which was the only thing really holding him back in Dom. He should be a fine pick, I think. I doubt he's tournament-level, though.

Volibear changes look right on. I'm especially pleased about the fixing of the Q bugs.

Warwick buffs seem fine. I really can't imagine they change him much: still great sustain, but vulnerable to being ignored or kited.

Nashor's Tooth may have new life. I've always liked melee Kass, even if 80% of the time AP Kass is better

Grantson

01-17-2012

Dr. Mundo is one of the champions that people seemed to neglect, so I'm glad they gave him a base stat increase so people will give him a try again.

Other champion among my list includes Galio, Gragas, Trundle, Renekton. Basically it's dudes who won't win any beauty pageant with lackluster skill kits.

jars

01-17-2012

I'm glad people downvoted me saying jax is bad when surprise surprise new jax is ****ing terrible.

Hugs From Momma

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
I'm glad people downvoted me saying jax is bad when surprise surprise new jax is ****ing terrible.
Given the quality of the average player are you really so surprised?

Cmon it's not like he needed that 80 MR, 700 hps, and 40% auto-attack immunity to live or anything.

Taenaryn

01-17-2012

Rammus... liveable changes. I never really thought he was OP anyways. Volibear changes are nice, Skarner makes me sad because I was already missing his ultimate too often, Ahri also makes me sad, Jax I have no comment...

But the boots. Oh dear, the Ninja Tabi. Maybe I'm misreading the notes. It says 10% to basic attacks. Doesn't that affect, say, Kog'maw's W and Talon's Q (my two fav DPS champs) and Volibear's Q (all of which say "your next basic attack")?? Do on-hit items such as Malady and Kitae's count? After all, they're procced by basic attacks... are they counted as separate damage sources?

For a long time, Odyn's Veil was vastly underestimated in its power. But it is actually very strong. If I'm understanding the mechanics right, I'm going to be both very happy, and very sad. Happy because it makes boots choices very easy against certain team comps. Sad because many of my favourite champs proc "on your next basic attack" effects.

FDru

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
Sad because many of my favourite champs proc "on your next basic attack" effects.
Let me say... that if anybody wants to get Tabi when I'm playing Nasus, instead of Mercs, they can go right ahead.