Sejuani Patch discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

01-16-2012

yay i can play me some mundo now... maybe

BUT WHERE ARE MY KARMA BUFFS?

LegendaryEnemy

01-17-2012

They only really focus on the popular or recent champs it seems like.

I'm going to give sejuani a try. My leona practice should come in handy.

Stimuz

01-17-2012

Jax back to ban status I guess. Oh wait, only 6 bans. ****.

Asmonok

01-17-2012

Im very happy about the Volibear buffs. The 15% increased movespeed on Q is just sexy, the damage buff on his E is nice, and the nerf to is W is well deserved.

Im also happy about the mana tweeks on JarvanIV. Mana isnt too big of an issue on dom thanks to the aura but in a long lasting fight youll be able to get off another spell or two.

Vladimir Im hoping might become viable. Since you will be starting out with a 7 second Q(with no cdr) and he wont blast away his own hp with his ult anymore.

Warwick 6 second less cool down on level 1 of his W is nice.

Overall Im happy with this patch because champions I play regularly got buffed.

The Wrongsword

01-17-2012

mundo needs moar buffs

but is a good start

MVpmack

01-17-2012

Jax! I don't think he's anywhere near Jax's old power. He's probably better against people he can't dodge (since he can stun them now), and worse against people he can. He is 100% better in terms of interesting-ness and fun though. I don't predict he'll be better than the current Jax and he'll probably be a bit worse due to the lost health. I still think he'll be good though.

Yay Rammus nerfs! Very conservative changes. I like the reduced powerball duration a lot; W being more tolerable for autoattack champs is a good change. 100% behind these changes; I don't think he should be dialed down too much more but he is still definitely too good.

Really disappointed with Ahri changes; she didn't need a nerf imho.

Very very disappointed with Vayne changes. She got totally gutted and I'm sure she's pretty bottom tier now. I don't honestly see a reason to pick her over Graves or Caitlyn anymore.

Sejuani seems cool. She's really a SR character by design but her kit seems good on Dominion. I'll enjoy seeing her played.

Mundo buffs! Yay. Love the ult buff. Not sure if he's good now but he's definitely better. I think it's worth testing!

Sad about the Shaco box nerf. Again, I don't really feel he was imbalanced, but whatever.

Slight Skarner nerfs for Dom; he's probably still very good here. He's probably hella gimped in Classic though; I feel that they'll need to tweak down the Q mana costs to make him playable there.

Nunu buffs are nice but I still don't think he is a Dom-viable champ.

Riven changes are more interesting; it encourages more creative play. 100% like.

Tryndamere nerfs: whatever, really; don't think he needed them but a lot of other people did, so whatever. They'll hurt his SR game quite a bit probably.

Vlad! Omg wow. Scary. I'm surprised more people haven't discussed this. Vlad seems good now. Maybe too good, we'll see.

Volibear changes are 100% good. Nerfing frenzy more (o.O) seems weird, but the rest of the buffs, especially Rolling Thunder movespeed buff seems totally awesome. He might be scary now.

Warwick: Yeah we'll probably see one every game now, whatever.

FDru

01-17-2012

People are greatly exaggerating how good the Warwick "buff" is. Right now he has a .8 second downtime on hunter's call at rank 5, now he can have it permanently up (with max CDR, but everyone has it). It's really not that big of a deal, other than giving him a little more team utility early game since its current cooldown is ludicrous and he'll be able to have it up a bit more often. He will still be completely ignorable for the first few minutes of the game though, and most players do not build a single autoattack damage item on Warwick so it doesn't matter for them anyway.

Also, Blood Scent is still going to have higher priority so this isn't going to change Warwick gameplay much at all.

maxusmaximus

01-17-2012

quite interesting to see quite a few attempts at dominion balance by the developers. mundo needed the buffs on all the game modes, i might not cringe every time i see him on my team now! vlad actually might be viable now and they have attempted to reduce rammus's movement and damage without affecting him too much in SR. still think he is going to be annoying but it will be nice for him to not quite have the same movement he did.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

MUNDO! If it weren't for my love for Lee, I'd start pwning with Mundo; I've rocked people with him in Dom before, going like 14-1-17 with 19 caps (merely one example). That said, I saw two today in one match, and the enemy Mundo was just as threatening as I imagined - not at all. Still not afraid of 95% of Mundo players.

Skarner, Ahri, and Vayne nerfs? You're welcome, Yorick.

Tryndamere nerfs...don't know what to say. I felt he wasn't that bad anyway if anyone anywhere carried an Ignite or a lot of armor (Thornmail wrecks most Trynds). I fear Kayle more than I fear him, and she prob got a buff somewhere between the Nashor's buff and Surge buff.

Rammus was hardly changed at all. Don't foresee fewer bans. Shaco, however, was hit hard by a 30 second duration reduction. Some of you won't agree, but that's a pretty big deal; he won't be getting nearly as many AFK kills and stalls.

Not afraid of Jax. Yes, without SotD, there's no way to shut off his dodge. But just burst him outside of that CD. I mean he's considerably less tanky from what I've read. Guess he'll annoy Trynd, but Trynd got pwned by balance team anyway. Who cares?

Ninja Tabi...not happy. Dodging 12% of AA is much more frustrating for enemies. 500 damage? No prob - dodge! Now it'll be 450 damage. =\ Still your best armor boots obviously. Just not thinkin' I dig the change, because I've dodged two or more times in a row before. Much more gamechanging.

Riven? Hardly saw her anyway, despite people claiming she was OP. The thing about Riven is every single ability is physical damage. All of them! Yeah, she still hurts, but armor is the ultimate counter. Whereas Lee has E magic damage, Mundo has Q and W magic damage, Yorick has W and E magic damage, so on and so forth. I think those types of champs have an advantage in that they are harder to build against. Straight AD champs rarely scare me, yet some of them took hits this patch. Perhaps the Ninja Tabi nerf will help compensate a bit for their losses.

lbgsloan

01-17-2012

Quote:
BUT WHERE ARE MY KARMA BUFFS?
Who? Old joke I know, but seriously Riot seems to have given up on her. I don't think she's even been MENTIONED by Riot in months. They should really just delete her and give refunds at this point, along with Eve and Twitch who seem like their rework will never get greenlighted. $50 says if they ever make a new support champion, it'll basically be a fixed Karma for 6300 IP and sexier skins.

Vlad, I don't think the patch is going to help him much. His main problem is lack of damage compared to other mages, which didn't really get addressed. He already had no issues sustaining, since he can farm up his WotA real fast on Dominion.