The Art of Revelry Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApocalypticDay

01-18-2012

im gonna do this wish me luck!

plus i kinda dont understand about how we have to add one ingame item. is it like we have to draw the rod of ages for example?

0ktane

01-18-2012

Love being downvoted for asking a simple question on why AZ can't participate. I have NEVER seen a u.s. based contest of any kind where AZ was excluded. Downvote me or whatever, but I think it's ridiculous. Flame me or whatever for having an opinion and simply wanting an official reply as to WHY AZ can't participate.

RazieltheFallen

01-18-2012

So do submissions have to be hand drawn/painted or could we use photoshop/technology in general to make our piece?, for what I have in mind it would make life easier to draw 3 separate drawings and just photoshop them together.

Also, @ApocalypticDay, I think they just want to see a realistic impression of in-game items, instead of just the generalized toon look given to them in-game.

Hinnariel

01-18-2012

I would LOVE to participate, but my country is not included in the list of valid countries! =/

Sad...

lilmissvixen

01-18-2012

I apologize if this has already been covered, but I did not see it. Are we allowed to draw more than one entry? Like if we wanted to do one of Akali and turn it in, and maybe do another of another champ and turn it in? Would appreciate a response; thanks in advance!

RazieltheFallen

01-18-2012

I think Nikasaur said this somewhere, but I believe that you CAN submit more than one entry; however, you can only win once.

You should use the Riot Post tracker in the top right of the thread and just read anything she's said ^.^.

lilmissvixen

01-18-2012

@RazieltheFallen
Ah yeah, just found it, thank you! Didnt know about the Riot Post tracker. Going to do quite a few then, haha.

Cold Dawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Could someone plaese explain why some countries can't participate? I find it kinda unfair that some players have the chance to win RP + prizes and some not.

Taereus

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Dawn View Post
Could someone plaese explain why some countries can't participate? I find it kinda unfair that some players have the chance to win RP + prizes and some not.
It's mostly because of certain laws and legislation in your country/state that doesn't allow them to give away free stuff because of a contest or they are required to pay taxes/fees for that said country.

RazieltheFallen

01-18-2012

Some countries, states in the U.S., and certain sections of other countries have laws that greatly increase the price of shipping to those areas. I believe that for most of them, Riot would have to obtain a sort of "shipping license" in order to ship the products that they are using as prizes to these areas. I would imagine the prices for these licenses are expensive, most likely multiple thousands of dollars, and when Riot would only send something like this to those areas every so often, it doesn't make much sense to obtain and maintain these licenses.