Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling and Counter-Jungling: Who Deals with Lee Sin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psyduck21

01-16-2012

So, Lee Sin is one of my mains and my play style with him is very aggressive especially when it comes to counter-jungling and buff stealing.

I'm no pro, but my specialty is controlling the jungle, even their jungle. Some games it works more than others, but for the most part I'm at home in the jungle.

That having been said, I only have a few characters that I'm actually able to jungle with until I save up a bit more IP and while Lee Sin is one of my mains I'm trying to figure out who I should buy next to complement my roster, in particular when the enemy team gets to Lee Sin before I do.

So my question is:
Which character should I jungle as a counter to Lee Sin with a really aggressive jungle control goal in mind?

I've done some research into the different kinds of junglers and have a firm grasp of jungle dynamics, so here are a few that I've considered so far:
-Shyvana
-Udyr
-Trundle
-Nunu

I'm certain I've missed a few (and certainly if you think the best option isn't here please tell me), but this is a start and I'm really just here to ask the community what kind of jungler would be a wise pick against Lee Sin with the aim to dominate and control the jungle.

Gerry Wong

01-16-2012

Udyr. He clears out the jungle so fast and his ganks are crazy. You can also counter jungle in early game and pwn the enemy jungler when they don't expect it. Nunu is a nice jungler but not the best. He can sustain himself pretty well but he clears out the jungler a bit slower because hes AP. AD junglers like udyr,xin,and more can clear out the jungle more faster. Xin is a good choice if you want some decent sustain, but since he is the same price as udyr. Udyr is probally your best choice because of his ability to control all 4 jungles easily.

SavageWolves

01-16-2012

Skarner. He is a faster jungler than lee (one of the fastest in the game) and will destroy lee 1v1 throughout most of the game.

He does get banned a lot. But once you get 6 (which is pretty fast) the flash + ult combo is ridiculous.

Pieceofcandy

Recruiter

01-16-2012

I would recommend Trundle, highly underrated/underplayed his Pillar gives amazing amounts of utility and power. Scales well throughout the game, ulti allows him to stay effective when it counts even when under farmed/outleveled. Contaminate (W) gives him great mobility and makes him hard to lock down, passive gives him decent sustain in the early levels in the jungle, his Q scales well and again helps him keep up even while undergeared.

IWontFrascUAgain

01-16-2012

Shaco is one of my favorite junglers in the current meta. Although he gets banned a lot, if you can get your hands on him it allows for fast jungling via boxes and early double-buff ganks (check out stonewall's S2 shaco jungle). Not to mention he is a fierce counter-jungler which would make him viable if you faced a lee sin as you mentioned before. He's pretty cheap too.

Durgi

01-16-2012

Nocturne and skarner are probably your best bet. I main jungle and as skarner i usually beat all those champions you listed. They are also the fastest junglers imo.

Knight Kirby

01-16-2012

Quote:
Pieceofcandy:
I would recommend Trundle, highly underrated/underplayed his Pillar gives amazing amounts of utility and power. Scales well throughout the game, ulti allows him to stay effective when it counts even when under farmed/outleveled. Contaminate (W) gives him great mobility and makes him hard to lock down, passive gives him decent sustain in the early levels in the jungle, his Q scales well and again helps him keep up even while undergeared.

For Trundle, he's also a ridiculous good duelist in the jungle vs most ad junglers because his Q actually takes away AD from his target.

As for aggressive Lee Sin, if you have a coordinated team, jungle Maokai could work because of his innate tankiness and high burst damage at early levels along with pretty fast clear times. (3:40 to lvl 4) With that, you can probably keep Lee Sin busy while your team mates come to help you and then snare him with w to prevent him from escaping.