Strong Bot-Lane Combinations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunsparcer

01-16-2012

I'm currently looking into what the strongest duo-bot lane combos in the current metagame. The partner combinations currently listed were compiled after I personally witnessed in games and streams of mid/late game hypercarrys who've successfully won games via efficient zoning.

1. Sona and Sivir
Sivir finally gets the time to shine in Season 2. Their early game strategy is quite basic, but one of the deadliest that currently exists. This combination currently dominates ranked by crushing foes with horrifically oppressive pokes. The product of their extreme zoning power literally voids out all farm from AD carrys. If the enemy uses a spell in a last-resort attempt to farm, Sivir will E (Spell Shield) in a couple more tosses of her Boomerang. This duo force is a force to be reckoned with at the moment. There is no dominant lane counter at the moment for this pair.

2. Soraka and Graves
Disgustingly strong pokes & endless supplies of mana = total lane domination that will force the jungler to gank oftenly, with a great chance of failure.

3. Taric and Caitlyn
Static zoning. Caitlyn lays three traps in a line and Taric hides in the bush waiting to stun an idiot with his sparkling stun of sinister wrath. This combo was one of the greatest horrors to have emerged out of the Season 1 metagame. Although the pair has lost a bit of it's luster as new (and remade) champions outclass each of them, they can still manage an intense zoning operation if performed very articulately.

4. Taric and Sivir
One single stun is all it takes for the enemy laner's heart to instantly drop. The combination of Taric's wicked stun and Sivir's blade spells out horror when it completely melts the health bars off foes. Although this combo is one of the stronger pairs in the current metagame, Sona+Sivir totally outclass this pair with a larger variety of pokes from both teammates and additional poke damage thanks to Sona's Q aura.

5. Alistar and Vayne
The royal king and queen of knocking people everywhere, although the team constantly blames them for denying kills . Alistar's Slam and HB+Vayne's Condemn have strong synergy with one-another. This combination of CCs can result to pinning the helpless enemy laner to the wall, certifying a kill. The only problem with this combination is the great deal of positioning and coordination it takes to pull off the chain CCs correctly. Unless both players know how to utilize this combo at its full potential or have enough coordination via duo-queuing, I rank this pair lower than others because it lacks the constant zoning capabilities that other combos have in this metagame.

Note: Miss Fortune and Sona
Yes, both of them have game-changing AOE ultimates. But, what use are these ultimates when they have high cooldowns and are unobtainable until level 6? If played carefully and meticulously, Miss Fortune can steal reach a comfortable amount of farm against stronger lane compositions. Unfortunately though, she is outclassed at the moment by Graves in almost every way when it comes to laning.

Please give feedback on these pairs, and give me more input on menacing bottom lane combinations of the current metagame!

Damon Deziel

01-16-2012

Taric Graves.

Stun, Dash in Buckshot, run back.

Harass for 1/4 of their HP is OP>

Kristina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-16-2012

Taric & Urgot
Stun then grenade.
Zilean & Twitch
Stealth bombs.

Dragonsafe

01-16-2012

Vayne+alistar, get anywhere near a wall, i dare you, you will be stunlocked for an indefinite amount of time.

Crappy Aim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunsparcer View Post
has lost a bit of it's luster
I see what you did there.

Cait Taric is still brutal, because of stun+trap or if you aren't paying attention, trap-stun-trap.

Alistar Vayne I've seen work, because Alistar's CC synergizes with condemn.

Edit: **** ninjas are everywhere.

MandyMemory

01-16-2012

In the current meta? Garen/Vayne or Garen/Graves beats most current bot comps, like completely.

But late game you won't have a support.

They aren't technically part of the current meta, but they're the counter to it, so take that however you like.

FluffyNeko

01-16-2012

Soraka and Sivr work well. Graves does not have as much mana costs as sivr does and if the opponent is smart and does not get baited into shooting a spell into Sivr's spell shield she will go oom in 3 boomerangs,

FreestyleKneepad

01-16-2012

Vayne/Alistar is pretty insane. Knockup, knock towards a wall, Condemn, dead.

dumponursoul

01-16-2012

Alistar vayne
Leona lux

Alkanu

01-16-2012

I've seen janna and graves completely destroy bottom lane before if they are in sync with each other, janna bubbles graves charges point blank and Q's for an ungodly amount and because of the shield he will take minimal damage.