[Suggestion] Alert when a turret is being attacked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsTexter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
While you're changing your ping system, it would be AMAZING to add a shift-ping to the interface... to ping in a different color. Red and Green, perhaps? Can't say how many times I've had people ping to warn players of a group in the jungle and the player thought they meant to initiate.

A red and green ping would definitely fix this and just adding a shift functionality seems like a very comprehensive way to do it.
I def like the idea of colored pings, the situation you described has happened to me countless times as well

Leksu

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
While you're changing your ping system, it would be AMAZING to add a shift-ping to the interface... to ping in a different color. Red and Green, perhaps? Can't say how many times I've had people ping to warn players of a group in the jungle and the player thought they meant to initiate.

A red and green ping would definitely fix this and just adding a shift functionality seems like a very comprehensive way to do it.
A very good idea. Sometimes people ping for missing champions approaching and then instead of running away, allies might run there to check if it was a champion with low hp or something. Different colored pings would be very useful indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
I was thinking about minimap quite lately and I would love simple fullscreen map like it was in Diablo II with option to set alpha on it. Imagine full screen minimap, you could never again blame top lane that they didn't called miss :P
Yeah, this idea is really good. It would make it easier to discover misses by yourself, be more alert when to use Fortify and just a better overview about where allies and enemies are.

It would be nice to atleast have it as a toggle on/off as UndeadcrowN wrote earlier.

Rhonesnipe

07-31-2010

Another ***** topic basically asking "please make the game easier because this is one of the specific things that bothers me ". Jesus, pay attention to your minimap.

Sir Infinity

Recruiter

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonesnipe View Post
Another ***** topic basically asking "please make the game easier because this is one of the specific things that bothers me ". Jesus, pay attention to your minimap.
obvious troll is obvious

Sakk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

Bad idea. Map awareness is a key skill to hone, and yes, you are going to miss a BD or two. I feel thats the way the game should be played though. Having a warning is going to render a legitimate tactic completely useless.

MagpieManny

10-29-2010

Backdooring is a valid tactic just like 4 vs 1 is.... Just pay attention to your minimap, you can alsmost always see it happening.

odaobunaga

11-07-2010

this is a good idea but i believe it takes away a skill that really seperates alot of players, and that is map awareness. is key in any game if this was added it takes away a huge chunk of it.

miir

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leksu View Post
A very good idea. Sometimes people ping for missing champions approaching and then instead of running away, allies might run there to check if it was a champion with low hp or something. Different colored pings would be very useful indeed!

Yeah, this idea is really good. It would make it easier to discover misses by yourself, be more alert when to use Fortify and just a better overview about where allies and enemies are.

It would be nice to atleast have it as a toggle on/off as UndeadcrowN wrote earlier.

Ah, I see I jumped the gun and made a new thread about this topic, but its good to see people have the same idea! That means it would be a much appreciated feature!
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=333435

I hope RiOT takes it into consideration.

Shiromaki

11-09-2010

I thought on yes. Cuz In Dota it was a good way to know when enemy attacks your turret. But now . In Lol there are characters speciallized on Backdoors. Giving the alert sound just wastes them

Gigiwoo

11-10-2010

I support this original request. A simple 'your building is under attack' is all you need. Play it whenever you have no champions within some distance (ex 1000) from a building that is being hit (min every 20 seconds). No ping, just a message is sufficient.