[Suggestion] Alert when a turret is being attacked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isaac Cox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

Voice alert and/or ping on map if a turret is taking considerably amount of damage in a short period of time

I often pick Fortify, I try to pay attention on every lane but it's not always possible, sometimes I'm too focused on something and I don't see a allied turret being destroyed on other lanes, when the voice alerts that it was destroyed it's already too late to use Fortify and dam... I could have used it, but didn't

Additionally, what about Fortify protect Inhibitors too? Maybe as a improvement of the Reinforce defense mastery?

Isaac Cox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2010

edit: posted on wrong tab, sorry

MehtaMezhan

07-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Cox View Post
Voice alert and/or ping on map if a turret is taking considerably amount of damage in a short period of time
Signed. The voice for this alert is even in the game pack, some Youtube videos show it, yet they never implemented it in game. I'm guessing the staff like to backdoor too much, and want an unfair advantage?
Edit: I think the actual sound they found was "inhibitor under attack," same difference.

Pouljin

07-21-2010

bump for this. It could be a toggle-able setting so that those who really hate it don't have to use it.

Gi1gamesh

07-21-2010

It really is a matter of backdooring. I suppose if this feature was added Master Yi would be out of a job. I'd vote against this idea since Yi is my secondary character.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

07-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is the right place for this post. We're actually in the process of reviewing our mini map / ping system and this is something that has been brought up multiple times. I'll keep you guys posted but it is likely due to priorities that this is a while away. Sorry!

TC Barky

07-21-2010

I think this would be a bad idea. I don't backdoor personally but it is an extremely viable tactic that people need to stop whinging about. People just need to learn to always check the map, it's as simple as that and if you can't do that then well... you probably deserve to be backdoored

Kades

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
This is the right place for this post. We're actually in the process of reviewing our mini map / ping system and this is something that has been brought up multiple times. I'll keep you guys posted but it is likely due to priorities that this is a while away. Sorry!

While you're changing your ping system, it would be AMAZING to add a shift-ping to the interface... to ping in a different color. Red and Green, perhaps? Can't say how many times I've had people ping to warn players of a group in the jungle and the player thought they meant to initiate.

A red and green ping would definitely fix this and just adding a shift functionality seems like a very comprehensive way to do it.

Sellest

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
I was thinking about minimap quite lately and I would love simple fullscreen map like it was in Diablo II with option to set alpha on it. Imagine full screen minimap, you could never again blame top lane that they didn't called miss :P

UndeadcrowN

07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
I was thinking about minimap quite lately and I would love simple fullscreen map like it was in Diablo II with option to set alpha on it. Imagine full screen minimap, you could never again blame top lane that they didn't called miss :P
Transparent map over would be nice to pop on and off