Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes for Caitlyn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eatPandas

01-15-2012

What runes should I use for caitlyn?

I currently use

Marks: Flat atk damage
Seals: Armor
Glpyhs: CD
Quints: Flat Atk Damage.

are these good or are there better ones?

I mostly take the Flat attack damage for easier farming and last hitting early game

xChang

01-15-2012

CD wtf why does everyone have cd blues dont even bother get MR blues if u want to use the page for all your ad carry but if u got the IP get attack speed blues for cait.

Leader of Japan

01-15-2012

get atk speed speed blues for cait

KaoticAsylim

01-15-2012

I would reccomend flat ArPen Quints as well.

TheMountainGoat

01-15-2012

Quote:
xChang:
CD wtf why does everyone have cd blues dont even bother get MR blues if u want to use the page for all your ad carry but if u got the IP get attack speed blues for cait.

holy hell, learn to punctuate.

Kurø

01-15-2012

Arpen quints
Arpen marks
mp5/per level seals
CDR Glyphs.

Thats my setup

Edit: I should say this is my setup for all mana using AD champs.

GuIcasa

Recruiter

01-15-2012

MR or Attack Speed Glyphs, preferably Attack Speed.

Slotted Pig

01-15-2012

Use MR, flat or per level, glyphs

Don't change your quints/marks; they let you farm better and do more damage to supports without a lot of armor (esp with 10% armor pen mastery). With a greater window to last hit, harassing is easier as well.

Tømøya

01-15-2012

Well, I main Cait, along with a lot of other ADs quite a lot any time they are up for freebie, and I've come to use 2 sets of runes. I actually forked out 410 per red x 16 to fill out 2 pages, just for AD. These are what I use.

For Dominion:
Quint-Armor Pen
Red-more Armor Pen
Yellow-Armor itself
Blue-Magic Resist
I also buy a Brutalizer with Sunder, so that is 46 pen total. This is hands down the best build in Dom, there's no contest.

For Rift:
Quint-2 AD, 1 Mana Regen
Red-Full AD
Yellow-Armor
Blue-Magic Resist
Here I use Weapon Expertise and buy a Last Whisper, which is 46% pen total. The mana regen is because my AD heroes run dry extremely easily. Trust me the mana regen will pay off a lot more than that 1 extra AD rune. Before I learned how to slot mana regen, I run OOM all the time and it always hurt me by not being able to afford more ability spam.(And when you run OOM and can't get a kill with Ace, you will understand) This isn't the "best" build, as you will do less dps to heroes in favor of more dps to minions, but that is what I prefer. I farm the gold then rush my LW. The choice is up to you. If you want early hero dps, stack as much flat armor pen as you can get. If you want to be a better farmer and harder hitter late game vs armor stackers... then you can try out my build.

Note: Flat Armor penetration is better if the enemy has less than 100 armor, but weaker if the enemy has more than 100 armor. So it comes down to early game vs late game, and low armor targets vs high armor targets.