How to get Fast IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiegeWaffles

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRelaax View Post
PvP is great when you've reached a certain level of play, probably post-lvl20. Reason being is that's when you can start getting your Tier 3 runes. I didn't start normals until level 20, and just played easy bots all the way to 20. Went into my first couple of normals doing great, no sweat. Heck, most of the players at that level aren't as good as easy bots.
Since the topic is "how to get fast IP": you've lost out on quite a bit of IP by not going up against advanced bots from level 10 onwards.
Personal feeling: beginner bots are probably about equal to level 5-10 humans and advanced bots equal to level 10-15 humans.

For quick games pvp is way more efficient at getting IP, while for very long games the relative difference is much smaller.
(PVP: normal win ranges from 76IP @ 25 min. or below to 145 @ 55 min. or over (18 + ~2.3/minute)
Level 30 co-op vs AI advanced win: seems to be about 3.5 + ramping from ~1.8 to ~2.10/minute (IIRC no minimum time), maxing out at I guess something like 120P @ 55 min.
Still collecting more data points on the new co-op IP scales, so I can at some point add the info to the LoL wikia...)

Also: if you have RP, spend it directly on champions and not on IP boosts unless you plan 1 or more 5+ hours/day playing sprees and grab a time based boost for that, since that's the only condition under which an IP boost is cost efficient...
(well, if you have no more champions at all you want to buy, but still a bunch of runes you want to buy, then an IP boost could also be worth it...)

EvilSeeMonkey

08-30-2012

I found when I just wanted IP, Dominion PVP is by far the fastest. And if you are not level 30 yet it gets you right into the action right away so you can try out new hero's without the boring ness of the early game classic.

Instant action and fast IP. ESP if you get good at it and come 1st on your team.

ENDERKING123

09-06-2012

i would go with dominion... i get like 50 ip a match but i get like 19 kills idk what ur gonna get probably good though... but within the time that u do a dom and the time u do a classic i get more ip in dom then in classic...

Prospere

Recruiter

01-15-2013

Just Dance and be happy

rikoLash

01-15-2013

Want fast IP? Grind in bot games to buy Heimerdinger. Then play custom games and just push push push and finish games in like 5-10 minutes. You can get an hour's worth of IP XP Bonus from custom games now as of season 3, and this mixed in with normal PvP will get you the IP you need to buy champions and runes to be a threat in PvP and ranked once you get to it.

IP is fundamental in League when you don't have access to RP, and often it becomes depressing having to rely on free week champions and only having a couple to fall back on. Grinding a couple of champions is always worth it.

The counter argument to this is, not to be taking advantage of what Riot has done with Ip and xp in bot games in season 3, but if it's there, it's not like your using it for something it's not meant to be user for?

truoau1234

02-20-2013

Win battles, gain experience, and learn the game. No matter how fast you try to play, you will never be able to compete with veteran players.

CaptainBaguo

06-08-2013

Just main a champion that you really like and just play for fun by the time you get bored of that champion you should prob already have enough for another champ you want. Hope it helps =)