You can see your Dominion ELO by messaging a bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

It's working.

This is what came out for me and I feel like it's wrong, but at the same time I'm pretty proud of myself.

[NA] BigDaddyRelish (Now:Silver, S1:Bronze), RankedSolo5x5: 1400 [8W/3L], Dominion: 1851 [351W/321L], Normal: 960W/877L

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

team games raise your total elo too. went from 1795 to 1817 after 2 team wins

Bonabon

01-19-2012

At first I was like, "This is kind of cool." Then I lost just shy of 100 points because of one game where I was constantly 2-3v1'd at bot and my team still couldn't make anything happen anywhere else on the map. So I got farmed the whole game and apparently that's my fault. Cool story.

Whereas a strong win gets me what? 10 points? Ridiculous.

TakinTheHeat

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
At first I was like, "This is kind of cool." Then I lost just shy of 100 points because of one game where I was constantly 2-3v1'd at bot and my team still couldn't make anything happen anywhere else on the map. So I got farmed the whole game and apparently that's my fault. Cool story.

Whereas a strong win gets me what? 10 points? Ridiculous.
I have never seen such drastic changes in elo, not even at the placement games. I looked up your w/l and you should be higher than 1400.. unless you've been queuing with extremely low elo friends the entire time then that would cause some problems.

It works like this. If your team is higher elo total than the enemy team, you lose more points when you lose and win more when you win. If this isn't your case, queuing with someone nowhere near your elo, then I have no clue whats wrong mate.

GET REKT FGT

01-19-2012

I'm happy:

Dominion: 1798 [365W/324L], Blind Pick Solo queuing Soraka, me gusta.

Bonabon

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I have never seen such drastic changes in elo, not even at the placement games. I looked up your w/l and you should be higher than 1400.. unless you've been queuing with extremely low elo friends the entire time then that would cause some problems.

It works like this. If your team is higher elo total than the enemy team, you lose more points when you lose and win more when you win. If this isn't your case, queuing with someone nowhere near your elo, then I have no clue whats wrong mate.
Well, last I remember I was at something like 1490+, then I had that game you can see in my current match history with Morgana where I was 1/6/0 with only a 554 contribution score because I couldn't do anything the entire game. Afterwards I was like 1404 Elo. Though it's possible I didn't check it prior to my defeat with Shyvana a little further down. I think I only lost maybe ~10 points in my second defeat with Morgana (though it was a much closer game). So I either lost ~100 points between the two games with Shyv and the first Morg game, or lost it all with Morg. Which still seems a bit steep.

I'm glad you think my Elo should be higher according to my W/L, lol. When I was looking up other big names in these forums I was like, "My ratio is about the same as some of these guys." Though usually they had many more total games played. And even though I'd like to believe total games played is a factor, you have Lolshotgg who's 18/4 and at 1900+ :P

Some games I check my team's wins and I'm usually stuck with people who've only won <50 games. Perhaps I should be more adamant about seeing the kind of players I'm paired up with.

Or stop doing Blind Pick, though I don't really have a whole lot of champs to choose from to feel flexible in Draft.

Arial

01-19-2012

I wouldn't worry too much about SR style draft preperation, sure 2 champs in every roll is great and all, but realistically pick a tanky dps and a bot and you're pretty much set >_>

TakinTheHeat

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
Well, last I remember I was at something like 1490+, then I had that game you can see in my current match history with Morgana where I was 1/6/0 with only a 554 contribution score because I couldn't do anything the entire game. Afterwards I was like 1404 Elo. Though it's possible I didn't check it prior to my defeat with Shyvana a little further down. I think I only lost maybe ~10 points in my second defeat with Morgana (though it was a much closer game). So I either lost ~100 points between the two games with Shyv and the first Morg game, or lost it all with Morg. Which still seems a bit steep.

I'm glad you think my Elo should be higher according to my W/L, lol. When I was looking up other big names in these forums I was like, "My ratio is about the same as some of these guys." Though usually they had many more total games played. And even though I'd like to believe total games played is a factor, you have Lolshotgg who's 18/4 and at 1900+ :P

Some games I check my team's wins and I'm usually stuck with people who've only won <50 games. Perhaps I should be more adamant about seeing the kind of players I'm paired up with.

Or stop doing Blind Pick, though I don't really have a whole lot of champs to choose from to feel flexible in Draft.
I'd say just keep tryin for a bit, after each game check the elos of your mates and the enemies. If you are x elo and get paired with -600 from your elo consistently then something is wrong with the matchmaking mechanism. That could also explain why your win/loss is so high but you are still in the lower elos. You know, you win alot because they aren't playing at your level and when you do lose it drops like a rock. I'd recommend playin draft just to cut down on the cheesing that happens in blind. Enemy team gets shaco and your team runs around like chickens all game. Enemy team gets kassadin/poppy and your team won't build MR etc.

AbsolutePK

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
This is interesting. Here's from the people I regularly play with/against in queue (draft mode only):

MMKH: 2351
Sauron: 2345
ZaberZ: 2296
MessyXtrema: 2188
WaterD103: 2140
Nekrogen: 2134
FDru: 2112
Minions: 2094
Ensign: 2061
LaRoue: 2057
Kepharel: 2035
CWheezy: 2023
MagiMelkor: 2042
Big McLarge Huge: 2028
mollica: 2018
stormofblades12: 1995
SifuCalvin: 1986
Argodis: 1980
Uthgar: 1964
Archos: 1958
ThePeruvianJedi: 1940
YouSillyFurry: 1931
RealWolf M: 1922
Tootulz: 1920
Onn: 1913
Highdark: 1902
Dafe: 1898
Senzaiken: 1890
Alfredosauce: 1888 (Level 23 lol)
Golly: 1877
FoX2525: 1855
Jpeg: 1844
Wawix:1809
Vorador: 1778
Well that's great, I've probably played against the majority of those players, however Wawix is the only one I can recall ever being on my team. I see biglargehuge all the time and just got out of a loss against MMKH.

And I'm fairy certain I can't be above 1500 elo with how often I've been losing this week.

And the bot is broken and won't respond, nice.

XaoGarrent

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Well that's great, I've probably played against the majority of those players, however Wawix is the only one I can recall ever being on my team. I see biglargehuge all the time and just got out of a loss against MMKH.

And I'm fairy certain I can't be above 1500 elo with how often I've been losing this week.

And the bot is broken and won't respond, nice.
I'm in the same boat. The bot claims I'm around the mid-late 1400s, but I've played against every other person listed there at some point and they've almost always been on the other team. I think FDru might still remember focusing my Talon with his WW every fight in a game I had against him somewhat recently. It was a really close game though, everyone on both teams played well.

This combined with the above user's 80+ Elo loss pretty much proves that LoL matchmaking is completely random and people like me who habitually have bad luck tend to get shafted.