You can see your Dominion ELO by messaging a bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therlun View Post
Are you SURE it wasn't a four-man premade?
I know I got the same pubbie twice in a row with a four-man team once.
We've 5 man'd into LOTS of games.

Xanthic

01-16-2012

@Therlun
Positive. It was the same guys 3 matches in a row while I kept getting a different team every match. Lost all three cause their coordination was just too much lategame. I called it a night then.

FoX2525

01-16-2012

I think the idea that dodging in normal games lowers elo has been debunked? Can anyone confirm. Also, any other duo ques; check to see how hard MM penalizes you in terms of your elo compared to the other team. If I can get motivated to play I'll try to keep detailed notes on this.
Pretty much obsessed with MM/ elo interactions. <3 Jabebot

Narog

01-16-2012

if dodge lowest elo i should have like -1000

FoX2525

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narog1 View Post
if dodge lowest elo i should have like -1000
Same. I'm not even picky but really... some people just get a kick out of troll picking.

"yea man! 4 AD melee top. We gonna get em good"

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Recorded various stats from my past few games solo Qing... queue times were almost all under 5 minutes, highest difference in team avg Elos was 38, largest Elo spread was just over 500 points, and the standard shifts in Elo were all 12 or 13 points depending on which team had the higher average Elo. Some players had enormous shifts (highest was -61 points), but they all had under 15 games played.

There was a slight variation in Elo changes for some players. One game had an average of ~1450 on both teams and the 1200-Elo player on each team received a shift of 17 points despite having hundreds of games played. Not counting the obviously inflated values for the newer dominion players, the net change in ratings have been between -2 and 1 with no obvious pattern as to who is awarded or penalized that extra point.

Very different results from my duo queue experience earlier, but all my games were victories so it's hard to know for sure.

Narog

01-16-2012

just dodge and no elo lost , also check the elo of the others players they are pretty bad they lost more than win , why do i get matched with this guys? it was a ap full party how can i not dodge ? XD

Big McLarge Huge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

01-16-2012

MMKH - 2344
Sauron - 2339
xvietboyxlr8 - 2300
ZaberZ - 2296
Tiranui - 2133
FDru - 2129
WaterD103 - 2091
Big McLarge Huge - 2084
ViolentlyCar - 2068
Ensign - 2062
Mollica - 2023
LaRoue - 2022
CWheezy - 2014

You forgot a few.. Mainly xviet I'm sure if he was around he'd start harping about how he's the best cause he flies solo. I'd tend to agree atm. Most impactful at least..

SifuCalvin

01-16-2012

Of course the use of ELO ranking encounters errors here and there, we can see that from its origin in chess that it presents inaccuracies. ELO is a system entirely independent from actual gameplay whether it be chess or LoL; its just an estimate based on game outcome and relative ELO to opposition.
That said, Sauron's list as well as various posted ELO's are startlingly close to how I would rank you all myself; MMKH is an exception.

Taenaryn

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by K J View Post
Do you generally queue alone or with other players? if you queue with other players, what are their Elo's in relation to yours and how often do you win/lose. Do you tend to rage in chat or otherwise incite aggression from the other players enough for them to report you as an unskilled player?

Edit: also, did you win or lose the majority of your earliest matches?
I solo queue'd blind pick for all of my dominion games until sometime last week when I started playing with a group.

I can't remember my earliest matches, beyond the first, which was a total flub.

No, I don't rage in chat. No insults, no anger, nothing. If I've been reported, it's news to me. I've never had any kind of punishment, warning, suspension, or ban.

I've had losing streaks, but nothing like 10 games in a row.

I messaged the bot, out of curiosity. I don't consider myself expert, but I figured I probably had something decent (by that, I mean not actually *BAD*). More wins than losses, after all. I'm actually too embarrassed to say what number got returned, but suffice to say it was much lower than the starting elo.

I started recording my games recently so if I had time I could go over them and see where I could improve, but haven't done that. I do know that when I play DPS (Talon, Kog) I die too many times even when I'm #1 score (inasmuch as that matters) and have a positive K/D ratio. But I can melt face with them on a regular basis. I can also carry bot lane very well. I started playing bot regularly when Skarner was last free to play, and got outlaned by a single player twice (a Teemo, who I subsequently beat the pants off of after the first death, and a Fiddle who just melted me over and over). I almost never lose bot to a single character unless I'm at very low health, rarely lose it to two champs if I have good health and I'm on the turret, and can sometimes hold against three champs.