Countering Shaco/camp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dregen

01-14-2012

So I've seen a massive rise in popularity of the shaco box-camp strat, where a person just stacks ap and boxes right next to the bush in our mid, then continually camps that position the entire game.

If I go to stop the cap he immediately Q's into the bush, and stays there waiting for me to walk in. I tell my team to just ignore that point but someone inevitably walks into the buish and gets insta-killed by 6-7 boxes. If I leave for another point he comes out of his camp to cap the point. If I return he just Q's back to his box-infested bush and waits for me to leave again.

This doesn't really work as well in SR since Shaco gets 0 farm while camping but in Dominion he gets free farm, free point, and free kills.

So what's the best way to counter this?

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Invest in hextech sweeper!

Dregen

01-14-2012

K I actually played a Shaco using this strat just to better understand it.

I got -40% cd reduction asap, and in between boxes I E'd random people and Q'ed back to my boxes.

We won, but apparently 2 people reported me @ the end of the game for using this strat.

It was kinda funny watching people avoid the speed boost @ their mid and walk the long way around.

Guess I'll just tell the ap's on my team to buy the sweeper next time I see a shaco like this.

xvietboyxlr8

01-14-2012

I'll tell u how to counter him.

Let 1 person with a brain sit on one of these 2 spots circled in purple depending on which site is closer to ur base.

Done shaco is countered.

Bunnle

01-15-2012

Just go over the roads and avoid the jungle. If he wants to sit in a bush in the jungle all day then he's not doing any capping.

Taenaryn

01-15-2012

There's still lots of Fog of War. If you're AP build Sweeper, if you're AD (especially ranged) build Lightbringer. Jump out of the Fog and hit him at least once. When he's back in the Brush he's still visible, start killing. Profit.

Or play a Kog, ult into the brush, and start killing.

Or Xerath's skillshot nukes.

Or Ahri

If you know he's there, there's lots of characters who can hurt him without seeing him. Anyone with a skillshot, especially one that's long like Xerath or Ahri rather than small and round like Kog'Maw, can just start hitting the heck out of him.

Alternatively... just let him have it and take THEIR mid since they have fewer numbers. Ignore him and see how well he does. He gets gold, yes, but with almost no caps or kills he's a one-trick pony. He might as well wear a sign that says "I'M A DISTRACTION".

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-15-2012

pick yorick

drop a W in the bush

huehuehue and walk away

Bonabon

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
pick yorick

drop a W in the bush

huehuehue and walk away
This was going to be my suggestion, lol.
It's too bad there aren't more champions who can safely pop shrooms and boxes.