Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Left-Handed Mouse Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cym

07-17-2010

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a left-handed gamer, and I have Windows setup such that my mouse is left-handed. Buttons one and two are swapped, left-click is right-click and vice versa. I haven't yet run into a game where that was a problem, but in League of Legends, it is. The game remaps (or hard-maps) my mouse to a right-handed setup, which is excruciatingly annoying and frustrating (if you don't believe me, try switching your Windows setting for awhile and see how well you do). Additionally, I can't bind keys to the numeric keypad for some unknown reason, which is where I usually put things since having two hands right next to each other (wasd and left-hand mouse) is quite uncomfortable.

Has anyone been able to fix these issues? Is there any hope they'll ever be fixed?

Eambo

Recruiter

07-17-2010

Is there anything in the ingame options you can change to remap the mouse?

loljon

07-17-2010

Wait are you a riot customer service employee, asking a customer about ingame options? is this really happening

hohums

Software Engineer

07-17-2010

Quote:
loljon:
Wait are you a riot customer service employee, asking a customer about ingame options? is this really happening

Wrenchmen do not work for Riot. They are well respected helpful people who we've chosen from the community to receive Wreachmen status. They also know a lot about computers and common problems people have with the game.

loljon

07-17-2010

oh that makes sense then, about to say thats kinda embarrassing

Cym

07-17-2010

No, there's nothing in the in-game options that will let you change it. You can rebind your mouse 2 command (i.e. auto-move button) to another mouse button, like mouse 3, but you can't rebind mouse 1. Which is to say, you can't put it into left-handed mode.

GgGTeMpLaR

08-13-2010

lol, I remember this **** a year ago

****ty games will not fix OBVIOUS bugs that 99% of the games don't have even though they are away of their existence and discriminatory nature

GgGTeMpLaR

08-13-2010

**** you *******s, hope your children end up left-handed

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-13-2010

Not sure why're your trolling instead of reading, we've had a workaround for this for a while now,

I'm a left hander / How do I use the keypad?
You can add these to [GameEvents] (add it if it doesn't exist) to input.ini file.

evtScrollUp = [Num8]
evtScrollDown =[Num2]
evtScrollLeft = [Num4]
evtScrollRight = [Num6]

IMPORTANT: Make sure not to modify the input.ini file under defaults as that will break patching. Modify the one under \League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG and add one if it doesn't exist. You can use the one under defaults as a guide.

GgGTeMpLaR

08-13-2010

no they haven't

this has nothing to do with the keypad

it has everything to do with the fact that you can't reverse the primary/secondary mouse buttons in-game