More DPI gives you better control of the game? (mouse speed)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

01-14-2012

so what DPI do you guys use? i didnt even know about DPI , was originally using windows 7 mouse speed 6 (default).

How much DPI equals to the windows default speed?

i heard people say you should go to as high dpi as possible because that gives you the best control over the game, all the hardcore gamers use the highest dpi

Rigour

01-14-2012

1800 dpi on my death adder

but tbh i do not see how it would make a difference in this game, i suppose it might help with some type of last hitting, but otherwise i do not see much benefit from it

not Nguyening

01-14-2012

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penor Engaged View Post
can u handle that fast?

Falling Objects

01-14-2012

A high DPI increases the speed that your cursor moves in relationship to how far you move your mouse.

It is completely up to player prefference. However, at higher DPI, less physical movement is required for more ingame movement, allowing for faster reflexes. This in itself leads for most higher-tier players having a higher DPI setting then the average casual gamer, especially for first-person shooter type games.

bishbosh

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212312312333 View Post
so what DPI do you guys use? i didnt even know about DPI , was originally using windows 7 mouse speed 6 (default).

How much DPI equals to the windows default speed?

i heard people say you should go to as high dpi as possible because that gives you the best control over the game, all the hardcore gamers use the highest dpi
dpi is just sensitivity and marketing BS. low DPI = lower sensitivty = easier to control. differentr mice operate best at different DPIs. deathadder is best to run at 1800 DPI apparently. keep windows mouse 6/11 or less otherwise u get acceleration.

MORE IMPORTANT: - test for positive/negative acceleration by checking distance required to do 360 degree turn in a FPS game at different hand speeds.
- mouse should sense at high handspeeds.
- make sure mouse doesnt have correction enabled
- mouse shouldnt jitter
- mouse should be comfortable, not to hevy either.

bishbosh

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Objects View Post
A high DPI increases the speed that your cursor moves in relationship to how far you move your mouse.

It is completely up to player prefference. However, at higher DPI, less physical movement is required for more ingame movement, allowing for faster reflexes. This in itself leads for most higher-tier players having a higher DPI setting then the average casual gamer, especially for first-person shooter type games.
wrong. FPS players use low DPI and move their hand really fast and they use HUGE mousepad. they get both accuracy and speed. 12inches + for 360 degree turn is normal for CS 1.6

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

oh wait

idk i have a mouse made in taiwan i bought it for 5$ :S

Slan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

TurkeyBaconSub

01-14-2012

I always felt that mouse speed no matter what game you played was all preference and what worked for you. I played a lot of ladder in a lot of different FPS games, in every single game it was different. Maybe thats just me though, I dunno.