"noob u can't go mid ad;troll;noob;******"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gwydion85

05-12-2012

If you stray too far from in it high ELO games you're going to get stomped eh? What about IEM? Pretty sure that Dignitas wrecked house by straying from the meta, until it became common knowledge and they had to ban out the strat. The meta is what is commonly thought to be good. It is not in any way the definitive strategy to employ, or even one of the best. Hell, I just spectated a game a couple of days ago with all 2k+ elo players, that had ad carries top lane and bot. Tell me, how again about high ELO competition you know so much about?

BlindingRain

05-12-2012

In anything under 1700 elo you should stick to the 'standard' meta and champion comp. Why ? Because other people dont mesh well with wait lets do this and then this and then this and then if you do that I can do this. People stick to the basics, so stick to it with them so you can win.

HeroKillaz420

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixilli View Post
The meta is the meta for a reason. If you stray too far away from it in high ELO ranked games you are going to get stomped. If you don't send a carry with a support bot your damage output gets cut in half. Send an AD mid they are going to get nuked by skilled players I've had a kog go mid against me as ahri went 5/0 in like 15 min easiest game of my life.
completely untrue imo u can go riven blitz or w/e kill lane bot and send ashe or a ranged ad solo and roll ranked all day ranged ads used to go solo mid and do fine for years b4 the meta came out the meta isnt the end all b all id think we have all learned already that there isnt one thing in this game that cant b countered in one way shape or form the current meta included

HeroKillaz420

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Sivir mid is almost always a bad idea. Yea you have spell shield. Once every 15 sec against a AP caster who has 3 spells every 4-10 sec. She is out ranged by almost every mage and her early game dmg is atrocious. Against Morgana and ryze good idea spell shield the snare and live anyone else......you lose if they know at all how to play.
isnt sivirs q still the highest burst damage in the game at lvl 9? at least it used to b

WakeskaterX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX Dougl3r View Post
why? Putting your mage top is a good call if you sneak talon mid as a counter to most mages lol.
Because no one ever wants to do this. When I can buddy of mine will go Vladimir and I'll take Talon mid. And for whoever said talon is countered by those characters. Somewhat, I would never take talon mid vs morg or xerath. However, usually with some well placed whittles, ahri can be taken down alright.

One game I went talon to counterpick kass. Of course kass went top and renekton went mid vs my team's ap kennan. So I got there and farmed top, and kass left top lane to go back mid. So kennan ran top, and I went mid and took the farm there. Then kass went top, and so what he did was let me take the farm from 2 lanes then i completely wrecked face and got a quadra that game. Hue Hue Hue. Talon is the best mid if counterpicked against the right team.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-20-2012

The meta is always a good place to start thinking about your strategies,but more importantly your opponents. I saw let them blindly follow it, it's really easy to counter pick half the time because I can guess where everyone is going 2/3 times, with that wierd mumu going bot or something.

This said, not being able to play kat against ad carry in bot is annoying at times. It's not because I take my stupid random teamate's word for it,but if they are pissed in rank before the game starts, then you're goona have a bad time.

sugarcrotch

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2142 View Post
why is this the response i get when i try to go mid lane Sivir. I don't understand why ppl are so crazy about following the meta, its rly not that hard to beat. i rarly lose mid with sivir (spell shield ftw) and when i do its because the enemy jungler is super fed/good. The current meta is not like God's gift to LoL its just what people are doing currently. So why are people so opposed to me going mid Sivir?

i know what you mean when i first started sivir was my first champ and mid was my most played lane never had a problem with any mages because of her spell sheild hell i only learned to use it because of that..

WandVsFace

06-12-2012

Sivir is boss mid
1) pop spell shield when they try harass
2) basic attack + boomerang + rico = massive burst.

AU Freo

06-12-2012

I will often try to go mid with Fiora. Whenever I do, I literally tear the lane up and dominate it every time. But that's if I get there. Otherwise everyone just yells at me =/

Ayyy

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixilli View Post
The meta is the meta for a reason. If you stray too far away from it in high ELO ranked games you are going to get stomped. If you don't send a carry with a support bot your damage output gets cut in half. Send an AD mid they are going to get nuked by skilled players I've had a kog go mid against me as ahri went 5/0 in like 15 min easiest game of my life.
I've been seeing more ap kogs mid as of late. He actually isn't too bad, compared to other carries. Like I said though, they go ap, so after level 6 his burst can be ridiculous. Slow then R, R, R, R, R.

'Course then again, you were ahri, would just be too mobile for someone like ap kog.