"noob u can't go mid ad;troll;noob;******"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

weiss weiss

01-15-2012

why ad normally dont mid:
because until wriggle poor sustain
because AD = most important role and deserve the most protection (support with constant ward, heal, zoning)
because AD = most amazing post 150 CS and the safest, fastest way is with support at bot lane as opposed to middle with 2 lanes to open gank and need 2 wards to keep safe whole time (consequently delaying your item build)
because AD burst is not as amazing as AP burst in early game (unfed, assuming game is normal) and AP normally have more stun, or escape (example: ahri with 3 flash, morgana with blackshield)
because dragon, lulz?

even if sivir have spellshield consider the above.

TheCrushinatorv2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

You see the reason ap is mid in the first place isn't because it wins lane, but because it is most influential mid game. Just like in dota the old that meta was 2 get something that rapes mid game and gank the heck out of everything so that your carries on the side lanes can win lane. For example sion will push then gank, push then gank, same with kass, same with ahri.
You can't really do that with sivir, you can out cs and maybe kill the enemy laner, but you cant stop a sion from pushing the lane and roaming, even if you get blues. If you really wanna play sivir then try to be influential mid game, get boots of mobility, and try 2 gank alot.

EDIT: also ap carries spells scale off of levels better, so sticking your ap carry bot instead of mid will put your ap carry behind, and the extra levels you have over the other ad carry will not be worth it.

DX Dougl3r

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendentSon View Post
why would anyone ban trynd and shaco when they are so easy to counter?
"Shaco so OP jungle" All he has are ganks bro, but a pink ward, watch for bad out of bush decieves and counter jungle christ out of him... he cant fight lol.
Udyr shuts him down like NOBODYS business lol

Yippppeeekiyayy

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleo View Post
I'm sick of people blindly following the meta. I got chewed out because I banned Zilean instead of the usual Trynd/Rammus/Shaco/Morg/Kass/Lee Sin every **** game.
If you banned Zilean instead of Shaco I'd rage pretty ****ing hard at you.

Worst piece of **** hero in the game.

Vek17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

AP top is perfectly viable and you can put alot of things mid that people ussaly dont. Mid Xin works, mid WW works, urgot works, etc. People follow the meta because that's what everyone plays and in solo que its way to risky to try something different.

shaitara

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauross View Post
In normals thats great, do whatever, its normals. I go support shaco bot and win/loose but have fun.
In ranked its a different story.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its cuz people still have the Stigma attached to Sivir being bad.
She is bad.

Also a good ap mid will dominate you Just go bottom and get supported. AD don't need levels nearly as much as gold, so bottom you just free farm.

edit: lol xin mid

Vek17

01-15-2012

don't hate on xin mid until you've done it

HeroKillaz420

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleo View Post
I'm sick of people blindly following the meta. I got chewed out because I banned Zilean instead of the usual Trynd/Rammus/Shaco/Morg/Kass/Lee Sin every **** game.
i honestly i idc about letting you try sivir mid or even go a kill lane bot in ranked but imo zil is a wasted ban unless u no some1 on the other team not only plays zil but a real good zil(e.g. TSM bans zil vs SK) for the simple fact that zil isnt a commonly played champ or should i say sought after in solo q like morg or shaco i dont personally ban kass cuz i find i can beat him with either ww or morde late game but im not saying its right that they harass you for it just imo zilean isnt a solo q ban AND BREAK THE META FTW

Kenshin Akira

05-11-2012

I don't see why people hate on AD Carry mids if they can get it to work. I mean, I cry a little inside every time I see a Caitlyn walking up the midlane whenever I play Kassadin or Veigar. Most of the time, it seems like a decent counterpick. People probably just feel sore about the endless droves of low-level Revive Ashe players that immediately dash straight for mid lane from way back when they were learning.

DrWhippy

05-11-2012

I hate how everyone believes only ap can be good in mid. I like to weigh mobility over just being able to have an above average skill shot burst. Went riven vs veigar and against AP tf in another and just denied so much farm. I probably could've gone top, but I just wanted to test the waters and ended up dominating. In all honesty, any player can really go mid as long as they have decent mechanics and I think people should focus on being able to assist other lanes when they have their lanes pushed/outfarmed over being a decent counterpick and just getting semi-fed.