The best tanks in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-14-2012

All the tanks are pretty good, partly for game mode reasons:

Survivability is cheaper than damage, and on Summoner's Rift this is balanced by the fact that tanks get a lot less money than damagers, but not on Dominion.

Crowd control and damage reduction are powerful against the most popular Dominion picks, which are overwhelmingly bruisers and hypercarries.

Extreme survivability means you always have a place on your team, initiating to take a point or living too long for enemies to take yours before your friends arrive to help.

Since my allies like to pick bruisers, I love supporting them! And crowd control is a great form of support.

Because of their initiating and crowd control, tanks synergize well with movespeed; I don't know about you, but I tend to build all my champions faster on Dominion than on Summoner's Rift, so when they're tanks it works that much better.

For the number of Thornmails and Atmas floating around on Dominion, people sure neglect to buy their Last Whispers.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTummysticks View Post
I've never really been glad to have a Leona on my team. Maybe I've only been with bad ones, but in every case I'd have preferred she had picked a different tank, or just a DPS.

They never seem disruptive enough to really help out, and they deal almost no damage.

I believe any champ can be good in Dom in the right hands, but I think she's one of the ones like usually just isn't really worth taking over pretty much anyone else.
The thing about Leona is that she needs the entire team to be "the right hands", not just the player

Stralucire

01-14-2012

So... what you're saying is I should possibly buy Galio instead. Except, no one likes Galio in Dominion either. So... save for Sejuani?

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

After reading her kit, yeah she'll prob be good.

Stralucire

01-14-2012

I'm hoping so. I mean, I like mages, and I like tanks. She's up my alley.

Ascleph

01-14-2012

She is like a wild frost leona riding a boar