[Guide] How to Zhao, A Comprehensive Guide to Destroying Hopes and Dreams

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethelion

08-12-2010

Hey, i red your guide, its cool, tho i have a couple of questions

-Should i get Last Whisper even if im not facing a tanky team, if not, i usually go for phage- phantom dancer- infinity edge - frozen mallet

-After the nerf on the charge, how do i skill him? i know W is a must, but, should i max Q or E first?

Thanks.

Lorifel

08-21-2010

What do you think about items like Wriggle's Lantern, Aegis of the Legion or Wit's End on Xin?

h4rdr0ck

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starnova View Post
I play xin as my main char and i seem to have trouble whenever i play against shaco. I tried ur guide but when ever i charge him and use my three-talon strike, he uses decieve and stealths. then he attacks me when my three-talon strike times out. by then both cool downs aren't finished and hes doubled himself and i dont know which to attack. Can u help me cause lately ive been facing a lot of shacos.
As u have seen from your own experiences shaco is kinda hard to pin down. Unluckily for him u r a lot more deadly in 1v1 like this guide suggests, so the shaco is not going to be inclined to stick around. U can take advantage of this, however, because his stealth flash costs much more mana than ure audacious charge. This means u can fake him out several times and make him dry up his mana b4 u do. Also, when u finally want to pin him down, try starting 3 talon strike and then use audacious charge only when u have his 3rd charge up. That means instead of waiting 2 hits for the knockup ull have it right away. This strat is useful any time someone somehow gets out of ure 3-talon strike range as well...u miss the chance to hit them? W/e just use each of the first 2 counters at the end of the charge timer to maximize ure time, and then charge in again when u get to the third charge . If u time it correctly u should have around a 14-16 second window of time to get another charge/knockup in. Takes some practice, but its useful!
Oh yeah, and if u have armor pen for marks and 1 or 2 quints, then characters like shaco melt in the hands of xin zaou.

Isaac Kane

08-22-2010

/bookmarked

Much of this stuff I had figured out already, but others give me food for thought.

I think I'll take your advice as soon as the servers come back up. EDIT: I just had my most productive loss ever thanks to this guide. 20/9/15. The match lasted nearly an hour and a half, and 5 of the 9 deaths came in the last 15-20 minutes because of focus fire from their whole team (though I'd usually take one out before I was downed). Kill streak of 11 kills.

What would you recommend for a low-level player (I'm level 11 right now) when it comes to masteries? In other words, in what order do you feel is best to proceed when spec'ing masteries?

TheChatMonitor

08-22-2010

Clicksterz tell me something... when i play xin i go 9/21/0 on masteries i got armor pen red and quints AS yellows and blues... My item build goes
Boots +1-> Beserkers
Zeal-> PD
Vamp-> Malady by this time i have around 1.9 AS and with his passive and the lifesteal almost impossible to kill + a 447 move speed
BF-> IE
then DBL BloodThirster's while buying elixrs thruout the game.
I start with Q>E>W>Q>W>R>E etc..... lvling them at the same time... I almost always win the only time i dont is when i get super focused when i charge in after the fight has started and the rest of my team has fed their lanes alot.... but otherwise i will destroy them... Ive been up agianst a build like this and destroyed the person playing it. So what does LW do for u that the malady wont solve?

Isaac Kane

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireMerlin View Post
can some one explain to me the reason behind the skill build? i played xin a few times i find it more effective to max out R>Q>W>E...start off with Q then E (usually you can start harassing and killing at this point) then W...then skill order

i see allot of people get sheen/trinity force for him and would really like the reasoning behind that...
The passive on W is worth getting it up in a timely fashion. It's nicer to have a perma-increase to AS than to have the Three Talon take longer to knock up. Plus, the charge is a nice skill for pursuit as well as burst. I feel that W-Q-E-W-Q-R is a good starting point (You get all three, then boost your AS and Talon before your Ult).

Trinity Force
+20 Damage, +30 Ability Power, +25% Attack Speed, +12% Crit Chance, +12% Move Speed, +300 Health, +300 Mana, UNIQUE Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 35% for 2.5 seconds; on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 130% for one attack.

Increased damage, AS, Crit, Move Speed, chance to slow target are good things for Xin (and more health and mana isn't too bad either). Plus, an increased AD for one shot after cast is nice. I used to do it. However, I can see why the price is too high for this item to get. A cost of 4070 for TF, when, as this guide points out, you can get LW, Boots of Swiftness, and Zeal for around the same price (60% AS, 10% Crit, 8% Move + Move 3, and +10 AD total).

iHeadKick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

First off, I'd like to thank you for writing this guide... I've played xin for a bit and never really mastered him, simply stacked AD and had my attack speed runes left over from my other champs, and I did decent. Then I started stacking HP and played as more of a tank, and it worked very well but I'm just pubbing at low levels mind you.

Also, I would always put 0 points into W until I HAD to... mistake. I would rely on my E to get stuff done, another mistake.

Now I'm rocking a solid Xin at higher levels, but my build slightly differs.
End game I've come to this when I don't usually have to make any special adaptations...

First, like suggested. Last Whisper.
Then, I'll usually get my Boots of Swiftness/Berserks Usually the latter due to the fact that I build up to Phantom Dancer after I get my Zeal
Then, I get a Bilgewater Cutlass for the Life Steal and the active ability.
After the Cutlass, I follow up with a Youmuu's Ghostblade for the Armor Pen, Crits, AD and the active... after that, if not done already, I'll get my Phantom Dancer
If I'm rolling them and we're just dominating, I'll usually skip the Ghostblade and get a Black Cleaver, reduced armor+damage...
What do you think?

EDIT: I've got AD runes and AS runes, working on ArmPen and HP/18.

Toymaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

Omg i just noticed that you are from Youtube too

MercSniper

09-10-2010

After reading the LW/ MBR debate here is something, armor pen just allows more of your base attack to damage, while MBR adds new damage on top of what is already being done. Just a thought...

Lestatx3

09-12-2010

nice guide .. but i prefer merc boots