AP master Yi > AD master Yi 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Jungleton

01-13-2012

After tons of experimenting with different runes and setups I can officially say AP master Yi (Mid solo) is probally the most OP AP carry there is in the game. AP ratio is 1:1 on his alpha strike. AP is 1000% times more viable then AD in any situation. Ive gotten 7 penta kills so far as AP master yi. You can literally chase down anyone low and snag the kill. Rush death cap asap and deathfires grasp. go 21-0-9 spec. and max your "Q" then "W" then "E" last, your build should look like this=

deathfire
deathcap
magicpen boots
lichbane
then start stacking magic pen

runes i go

magicpen reds
ap yellow
flat cd blue
ap quints

take flash and ignite always!!!

as far as laning i alpha minions near the enemy to get my alpha to bounce and hit the enemy. YOUR MAIN OBJECTIVE IN LANE IS TO JUST FARM. if u work your enemy down enough you can pop ult and dive easly and finish the kill with ignite. ALWAYS keep and eye on other lanes. popping ult and running to other lanes and getting a kill with alhpa is easiest way to get fed. dive too, its ez..

**this is what you do for the easiest pentakill in the game.. lol

pop ult after fight is in progress, deathfire the easiest target to kill, ignite then alpha the target u deathfired and boom its dead. if not then lichbane will hit it for like 500. and finish it. right afterwards your alpha resets and rinse and work your way down easiest targets 1st to reset your alpha. the idea is to KS with your ult up so u can spam alpha mulitple times. when i penta, i alpha 5 times in a row. and everyone just melts b.c ur alhpas are hitting 4 ppl at the same time for over 600 dmg... AP master yi is 100% viable in any high elo ranked game and is very very very good. getting blues makes it the best and ofc CD AP potions before fights.. give it a shot with the build i suggested

FatTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

interesting. have you tested this in ranked?

you're getting no wuju style until lvl 12? or taking one level early?

and what're you going to do about survivability?

Sir Jungleton

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTurtle View Post
interesting. have you tested this in ranked?

you're getting no wuju style until lvl 12? or taking one level early?

and what're you going to do about survivability?
wait for them to pop thier interupts then just spam "W" your heal. since the ap ratio is so high and u get so much bonus armor and magic resist, you can literally tank 4 ppl on you easly

S B

01-14-2012

So in teamfights you Alpha strike in, start healing up, and by then your alpha strike should be off cooldown so repeat?

FatTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

what does this build do exactly that AD Yi can't?

EMeta

01-14-2012

A few questions (because I'd love to be able to make this work for me):

In masteries, I assume the utility is to help the mana situation, but then in the offense, there seems to be a lot of choices... Do you bother with the AD ones? They're so much more gold efficient than the first level AP ones, and early farming is always where I break down with him. Similarly, would you take some of the tower killing stuff or AS instead of havoc?

And what item do you start with?
Thanks!

I'm assuming you'd take a level of Wuju at level 4 so your ult does some damage since the first level is so efficient, but then an extra 140 hp per W is tempting too. True/false?

EMeta

01-14-2012

Quote:
what does this build do exactly that AD Yi can't?
The goal is to jump into teamfights, doing 750 damage to 4 champions instantly, draw some aggro, become invincible as you heal up, then do another 750 damage to the 2-3 champs that are still around. If you have his ult on during a kill, you instantly get another nuke, and after 2 of those, the chances of an ace skyrocket. It's boss lategame. The problem is laning to get to that stage.

FatTurtle

01-14-2012

If you just jump in and Meditate you'll get stunned or ignited or something and you die even more horribly than AD Yi.

I run 30 offensive masteries for this build and also take a Rageblade.

In certain situations AP is better but you sacrifice fighting power, speed and reliability for some teamfight burst and being able to dick people w/o interruption using Meditate. While its better for mopping up and can gain quick fight momentum by picking weakened enemies off your early suffers and you lose so many kills you could have picked up.

Sir Jungleton

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
So in teamfights you Alpha strike in, start healing up, and by then your alpha strike should be off cooldown so repeat?
once you pop ult, if you get a kill it resets all CDS, generally i deathfire easiest kill target alpha it, ignite it, and lichbane finishes it off. after u get the kill ur alpha is reset and u work your way down easiest targets to kill. i can literally 1 shot combo any ranged ad easly

Sir Jungleton

01-14-2012

Quote:
If you just jump in and Meditate you'll get stunned or ignited or something and you die even more horribly than AD Yi.

I run 30 offensive masteries for this build and also take a Rageblade.

In certain situations AP is better but you sacrifice fighting power, speed and reliability for some teamfight burst and being able to dick people w/o interruption using Meditate. While its better for mopping up and can gain quick fight momentum by picking weakened enemies off your early suffers and you lose so many kills you could have picked up.
well u dont iniate, so when u do jump in, they dont have CC.. good yi's know how to avoid getting thier heal interupted