Dominion is borderline unplayable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufins View Post
ranked should fix que times as well as a number of other things
In what world is splitting up the players into different queues going to improve queue times?

Even if more players started playing simply because of ranked, it would have to be at least double the amount of players that are currently, because a lot are going to continue to play normals (either for "practice" or because their teammates aren't online, or whatever). In fact, if it was anything like SR, high end players will be in normals more often than ranked because they aren't going to risk losing rating when they don't feel like tryharding.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Well the thing about ranked is that you wont start at a high elo, so as long as you dont climb up way too fast compared to others, your queue times shouldnt be insane.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

So... ranked would be like smurfing.

Hah

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzt View Post
tl;dr . at first the title came off of complaining like your losing lol

if you cant afford to play that long don't que.
If you are gonna be an idiot, please don't play.

Isurwars

01-14-2012

Premade has ****ed up the normal elo of dominion, when i play solo queue the normal wait is arround 5 minutes, when i queue with 3 or 4 of my friends our times go as long as 14 minutes..

People that 5 premade queue got a insanly high elo, cause they stomp almost every not premade as simple as that, Dominion is a very team oriented mode, a premade can easily ROLFStomp 5 solo queue with higher individual skill.

Ranked will fix this giving solo queues and team queues a different elo and a different match making.

MessyXtrema

01-14-2012

My wait times are generally 5 mins to 25 mins, but the average is around 15 mins..I guess its the way it works for whatever my hidden rating is, but still its annoying to have to wait so long.

Ecrex

01-14-2012

I just came here to complain about this.. Been in Que 20 minutes now.. wth is this.

xvietboyxlr8

01-14-2012

Ah the dilemma, play blind pick to face fgryze/gaymus/noobrick or play draft only to never actually have a game.

mufins

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
In what world is splitting up the players into different queues going to improve queue times?

Even if more players started playing simply because of ranked, it would have to be at least double the amount of players that are currently, because a lot are going to continue to play normals (either for "practice" or because their teammates aren't online, or whatever). In fact, if it was anything like SR, high end players will be in normals more often than ranked because they aren't going to risk losing rating when they don't feel like tryharding.
More would come over to play for sure but it would also make the current high level players more active. Everyone wants rank 1 or top 10 or whatever and you have to put your games in to compete. Its hard for people to set goals for themselves in dominion when there's no listing of where you're at and who's ahead of you.

And i'm pretty certain that pro's play 99% ranked, and 1% normals just from watching their streams for the past 6 months... They play ranked because they want to practice with the most competent people possible, not to get rank 1.

CWheezy

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway View Post
never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get a game started....
Not everyone can ever be a world champion, and it shows with posts like this