Player-made bots in Dominion games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ottyr

5 Days Ago

I'm currently a level 19 summoner. I played 3 Dominion games (NON co-op) in a row in which all games were full of programmed bots. I knew they were bots because they would not respond to any communication in queue chat or in-game chat. Furthermore, their behavior were all similar to one another. They would all hug turrets and have about a 1-2 second delay when attempting to capture a turret (in other words they took about 2 seconds of turret fire before they activated their turret capture animation). They would also recall out in the open (even after being chased) and would not react to my attacks. (i.e continue to flee or fight back).

My first game I was queued with 4 of these bots. There was one real player on the other team and he/she as well was with 4 other bots. After this game we queued together for two more games in the hopes of encountering a game with real players. Both times our team was filled with 3 bots and the opposing team with 5 bots. We both reported these bots after each game.

I saw another thread with this same concern dated back in May, but I felt it was important to post my experience here on the forums - hopefully so a dev can this is still an issue that's happening. I realize this may not be a problem at higher levels, but it certainly seems to be at my level. I hope this can be seen by the right person/people so I can once again enjoy Dominion.

TL;DR : Played 3 Dominion games in which both sides were full of bots programmed by players (hack bots).

Roxycharlie1

5 Days Ago

I'm a level 17 summoner, and it happens all the time when i'm playing. They choose ghost and heal as summoner spells, have a basic icon and ALWAYS play free champs (and they don't have skins). These are accounts that are being farmed for lvl 30 accounts that can be bought online.

Please Riot do something!

FergusMacBolg

5 Days Ago

They have acknowledged the problem.

Ottyr

4 Days Ago

Thanks Fergus

When I had previously searched for relating threads I guess I wasn't using the right keywords. All I had to do was scroll down a little farther and see several other threads with the same song and dance. So sorry if I wound up just spamming the Dominion forums. Though, I do hope they find a resolution to the problem soon.

@Roxycharlie - yeah that's pretty much exactly what I was running into with my games. I kind of figured that they were doing this just to merely sell the accounts later. Sadly, I've seen it done in several other games as well