Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sejuani and female champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ladygagaissexy

02-02-2012

Leona and Karma. Forever classy, forever underplayed.

Stanley Tweedle

02-02-2012

Quote:
Contagioned:
I'm sure if Riot didn't care about gaining fans and making money, they'd make giant burly women all their characters

You, sir, are wrong! I would buy a grumpy old woman toon blindfolded! Me and thousands of other players!

Olyps

02-02-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
a lot of natural human tendency which is often hardwired into us makes us gravitate towards particular biological attributes.

Much love StylishIron, but a hardwired propensity towards specific body types is actually a myth. Evolution does not account for why we prefer big breasts, butts, and hips etc despite common belief. I only bring this up because it's such a common belief and is frequently used to support portraying women the way we do.

There are many men and women that desire to have *** with women that look nothing like these ideals that we're talking about. Different societies, especially ones farther removed from interacting with our, let's say, rather naturally impossible beauty standards, have very different traditions for highlighting and expressing beauty.

What is true is that our beauty standards are highly contagious and so it is likely that alternatives to them will be the minority. Unfortunately our art departments probably couldn't afford to fall in disfavor by portraying beautiful and idealized women as anything other than what the majority of people want.

I respect this thread and it's goals, especially because LoL is such a healthy sponge of customer feedback and insight and if it would happen anywhere I believe it could happen here; but the social change required to allow women to be realistic is a very difficult one, especially to ask of a gaming company.