Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

01-13-2012

Sexy has a place. I don't have a problem at all with Miss Fortune's design, for example. But when sexy takes priority over everything else, it's frustrating to those of us who prefer their women to be sensible instead of just sensual. There's nothing wrong with eye candy. There is something wrong when you expect eye-candy every time there is a female champion released.

It makes sense for champions like Ahri and Miss Fortune to be flirtatious. Their clothing fits with their characters. Granted, we don't know anything about Sejauni, and therefor can't judge her character, I'd say her choice in attire adds nothing to her character, and is just fanservice. I don't know any female that would wear what she is wearing, in the cold, while riding at high speeds. Women have a lower tolerance for cold.

As Viktor says, "Function over form." Sejuani's "armor" doesn't serve any function whatsoever. It paints her as someone that is more concerned with being sexy than being pragmatic, and that's not what you'd expect from a seasoned warrior. It's counter-intuitive to her character. Mages and ranged fighters can afford to wear whatever they want. Melee fighters need to be concerned with protecting themselves.

I don't have a problem with fanservice unless it gets in the way of things like character development. In this case, I think it does.

Sgonzo

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
"All men are NOT created equal! Some are born swifter afoot, some with greater beauty, some are born into poverty and others born sick and feeble. Both in birth and upbringing, in sheer scope of ability every human is inherently different; Yes that is why people discriminate against one another, which is why there is struggle, competition and the unfaltering march of progress. Inequality is not wrong, equality is."
^ the truth of the world

on side note also look at how big the art department is at riot, then you will see why there is only so much variation in styles or asthetic looks artists makes somehting he enjoys visuallya nd what he htinks others will enjoy visually......if there was a make a female urgot thread that got 5k upvotes they might consider bringing to the table an obtuse disgusting female type but as it stands we would prefer to demonize the males or our species not the females and as a male i accept this and cna take one for the team if it means all the female champions i have to look at are composed and good looking.....

ps. if you read the lore and think about the characters for their personalities rather then what they wear you would see that riot games is not sexist look at Kayle defender of her world, Morgana leader of the opposition, Ashe queen of the freljords if you think any of these characters are sexist in any way you are far to hung up on physical looks

PloxBox

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH Immortalis View Post
I want Baba Yaga so bad. For all we know, that might be what LeBlanc REALLY looks like. Still, I want the cackling old crone.
Hah! Runescape reference. I love it.

shleepzzz

01-13-2012

in response to op, i demand riot makes a skin with sejuani's weapon as a frying pan

CBlazer

01-13-2012

A cackling, hunchback, Oz-like wicked witch would be pretty cool. We already have Dorothy, scarecrow and tin-man. Why not?

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Ekols View Post
Hah! Runescape reference. I love it.
Umm....Baba Yaga existed long before Runescape....

Sgonzo

01-13-2012

and look up spider queen on the wiki dont think there was nayway they were gonna get her hot, but maybe thats why she was dropped

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA John W Booth View Post
Karma's attractive.... I think

anyway, I am sorry but I agree with Stylus and I really hate how the community sits here with their white people problems and complains about something so stupid. You truly have a problem with the fact that the female champions are attractive? Is this like, real? I mean. Come on. People are siphoning water out of puddles in third world countries and all you entitled pricks want is a gross, fat heinous female champion that would then begin a slew of "why champ so ugly, unrealistic"

Grow up and play the game. if you hate women, play graves.
Because a problem is less important than other problems, we should completely ignore it! Sounds logical!

But frankly, gender conflict is an important problem. It is also a problem in those countries where people have no clean water. Women are the ones who walk hours to gather crappy water, women get pushed out of medical lines by their brothers and husbands, girls are kidnapped for war as often as boys but rarely acknowledged (they are also more likely to be raped than the boys, since most poor countries are heterocentric), and yet women are supposed to raise healthy, productive children that don't perpetuate their country's problems.

Gender conflict is everywhere. It is more devastating elsewhere, but if we don't keep fighting, we will only backslide to the Victorian days.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Argh, I hate threads like this. I'm so tired of the idea that it's somehow bad or wrong or blah blah blah for women to look appealing--particularly in a game.

I wouldn't mind some more body types, mind you, but more in the realm of seeing more slender, lithe champs with smaller bust sizes than something along the lines of a female Gragas just for some stupid attempt at "equality."

Look. Men aren't sexy. I'm saying this as a girl, mind you. Women, they're works of art. They're hot. There is nothing wrong with attractive female champs, ever.

A ButtFruit Tree

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMTHEMAUSOLEUM View Post
Well who the hell wants to play as a gross fat/uber muscular chick?
We need a female gragas!