Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cobaltbullet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quick, everyone jump on the morally upstanding bandwagon

CaiusTSR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

You design a female champ that people will want to play and get back to me.

eatPandas

01-13-2012

I like your reasoning here.
It is true the majority of the female champions have that skimpy attire, but you have to accept the fact that that is what makes the game admirable.

In every game that have female characters, they all fit the same description.
Even in games like Mortal Combat or Tekken, the female characters have the look of the skimpiness.

Resident Evil, where Alice is supposed to be this highly developed human with extraordinary combat skills, she fits the description of that.

So it is a trend that goes along in the games, trying to make the female characters attractive, because lest be honest, that's what makes it fun.

Derrick the Red

01-13-2012

Anyone else notice how much more popular these scantily clad female champs are? For example, it is far easier to get to play champs like Xerath on free week than champs like Ahri, even though both are quite powerful and bring great utility to the team. The truth is that men like playing attractive characters more. That's all there is to it. Who can blame Riot for selling skins and champs by making women sexy in them?

MileyCyrusBAKING

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatPandas View Post
I like your reasoning here.
It is true the majority of the female champions have that skimpy attire, but you have to accept the fact that that is what makes the game admirable.

In every game that have female characters, they all fit the same description.
Even in games like Mortal Combat or Tekken, the female characters have the look of the skimpiness.

Resident Evil, where Alice is supposed to be this highly developed human with extraordinary combat skills, she fits the description of that.

So it is a trend that goes along in the games, trying to make the female characters attractive, because lest be honest, that's what makes it fun.
Sonya Blade, Sindel

StrykerMcClain

01-13-2012

I would have to agree with this topic in general. Some of my favourite female characters are non-scantily clad.
Alyx Vance from Half life
Chell from Portal (1)
Jade from Beyond Good and Evil.
Faith from Mirror's Edge

I could go on, but if you put any of those characters into the League, I'm sure we would be able to tell their gender fine, and they don't have %80 of their skin exposed.

MileyCyrusBAKING

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerMcClain View Post
I would have to agree with this topic in general. Some of my favourite female characters are non-scantily clad.
Alyx Vance from Half life
Chell from Portal (1)
Jade from Beyond Good and Evil.
Faith from Mirror's Edge

I could go on, but if you put any of those characters into the League, I'm sure we would be able to tell their gender fine, and they don't have %80 of their skin exposed.
Tell me more about your favorite characters StrykerMcClain, that's what this thread is about after all, you, and your favorite characters from other video games.

ZackCross

01-13-2012

ITT: Nerds QQing about the way a character looks

Get over it kid

Reygekan

01-13-2012

Ahri is not scantily clad. She is attractive WITHOUT being scantily clad. She's one of of my favorite females for it, and I think Riot did well with her.

Champs that are scantily clad as part of their concept or genre (Cassiopeia, Morgana, Sivir arguably) are fine. Champs that are scantily clad in opposition to their concept or genre (Sejuani) are not. She does not feel like a character to me, she feels like a marketing ploy, and that's the issue. If you were to remove Sejuani herself and leave just the boar, I would be a hundred times more interested in the champion.

Halkkirgamed

01-13-2012

I think the art is good,yes for a frost fighter its unrealistic to have a bikini armor,but the thing is,i dont care having a sexy tank,we already have female champs that lack of that Oh mama! thing,like Poppy,Karma,we even have a full plate leona skin(Defender Leona),i dont think we have to make such a big thing about this,i mean,lets be real,do you guys really want a fatty female champion?or a one with tons of armor and no silhoute?make her square?I dont think so

Btw,how do you even get an armor for the ones like Sona and Ahri,too much boob bro,they wont breath