Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ciph3rzer0

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
You realize almost all of the males that are showing stomach have six packs and uber muscles, right? I'm not going to count males from species that look nothing like humans for obvious reasons. So why don't you complain next time a male character isn't a fatass? It alienates all fatasses that can't stand looking at these muscular men.
gregas, and I personally love gregas's personality/character. yeah, most aren't fat, but the point is, there is one.

we can have female variety without making the women unattractive, not all men only like the anorexic/implant look.

I personally vote for a strong looking woman champ.

xLIPx Cpn Hook

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
...Challenge Accepted.
ever seen lee sin the blind hunk? mmMmm

Gadalar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Personally op I lol'd. You just bad with ya eyes.

I see a lot of different body types, postures, gestures, and etc within the female champions. While you do not and believe it to be an insult that's fine but at least take the time to look at all female champs before going off.

Since I really don't know what you're basing your statement out from. By just looking at the default skins and reading up on their lore a little these 27 female champions are entirely different in many ways.

1. Ahri
2. Akali
3. Anivia
4. Annie
5. Ashe
6. Caitlyn
7. Cassiopeia
8. Evelynn
9. Irelia
10. Janna
11. Karma
12. Katarina
13. Kayle
14. Le Blanc
15. Leona
16. Lux
17. Miss Fortune
18. Morgana
19. Nidalee
20. Orianna
21. Poppy
22. Riven
23. Shyvanna
24. Sivir
25. Sona
26. Soraka
27. Vayne

Senjuani will be no exception. Just because she has a slim body doesn't mean she can't be muscular enough to swing that weapon and hold that shield while riding a boar.

From those 27 I've mentioned

One isn't really human, one was not of human origin before getting a human body. Two can transform and lastly two were human before being disfigured.
3 don't have breasts
2 have small breasts
1 has a unique posture
1 is a machine
1 is covered in armor enough that you can't even see her figure or body (art rework)
2 champions that seem somewhat chubby
2 champions are ignored for not being "sexually appealing" enough.

So I really don't see what all this fuss is about regarding diversity when there's enough diversity to go around and Sejuani is unique enough.

Now if you want a female looking Trundle, a female like Gragas, or a body building female. Then voice that instead of going off about something that ain't really true op. Since it's really misguided what you're trying to get across. So stop being so indirect and be more direct.

scromboid

01-13-2012

One of the best, most thorough discussions I've read in a long time.

OP, thanks for posting. The links you provided were great, too.

As a father of two gorgeous daughters, I have to limit their access to this community, my community, for many of these reasons. They are assaulted enough by TV, Billboards and even magazines at the checkout lines about what they are supposed to look like, do and behave towards males. I don't need their escapes from reality to attack their self image and self worth as well. Even though they are both beautiful, and they truly are, I want them to focus on what lies beneath - who they are, who they want to be and how they want to be to other people more than what they look like.

I personally got very lucky with their mother. She didn't know I was a geek when we started dating. It took her years to figure it out... I guess I hid it well. Honestly, lately, with the way our community has been shifting, I try to distance myself more from it than I did in the past.

These sorts of conversations make me a bit more confident that my girls can grow up and be little geeks without being *** objects. Many of the posters here make me worry, but, mostly, I think I see the tide shifting in their favor.

Here's hoping

Vsin

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Very happy to see IronStylus weigh in on this. Since I'm not one of our art guys, I can't really speak to it from a "this is what we make" perspective, but I personally prefer female characters to wear things that match what they do rather than just be "skinny lady skimpy clothes" all the time.

I feel pretty strongly about this and am rather happy that our game has a good number of female characters who break out of traditional "male gaze mold" (Karma, Poppy, Leona, Tristana, Riven, and Shyvana are pretty good examples). Leona is my favorite example of this, as she's a strong female character who really looks like she's meant for battle.
Riven? No, not really, she's just conforming to a different template standard of videogame females.

kuhzoo

01-13-2012

A request for Riot: for your next blatantly non-human champion, can they please be female?

Examples of what I'm talking about:
Maokai: Male trees and female trees look pretty similar and to change Maokai from male to female, would pretty much just require some lore changes and new voice acting.
Fizz: He doesn't even wear cloths. Again, changing a few masculine pronouns to feminine pronouns and selection of a different voice actor and Fizz is suddenly female. Perhaps add a pair of suggestive A-cup sized lumps to the artwork. You could also add the lumps to the in-game model, but I don't think anyone would be able to notice.
Scarner: how do you tell the gender of a scorpion anyway?
Kog'maw and Cho'gath: Do void creatures even have a gender as we understand it?

I may be missing one or two, but almost all the above champions could be reasonably changed to females without modifying the character model, skills set and only changing the lore enough to correct the gender.

Edit: thank you Gadalar for pointing out Anivia. Still wouldn't mind more though.

Buzzdady

01-13-2012

lol @ all of the teenage boys downvoting this thread. You're supposed to play this game for fun with your friends, not for your "alone time."

Gadalar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLIPx Cpn Hook View Post
ever seen lee sin the blind hunk? mmMmm
Yea I've got a female friend and my sister to look at the male champ selection and tell me if there was hot men or not and they said their was.

Females or even some males just want a more fanservice type of guy...whatever that means.

Ben Caxton

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhzoo View Post
A request for Riot: for your next blatantly non-human champion, can they please be female?

Examples of what I'm talking about:
Maokai: Male trees and female trees look pretty similar and to change Maokai from male to female, would pretty much just require some lore changes and new voice acting.
Fizz: He doesn't even wear cloths. Again, changing a few masculine pronouns to feminine pronouns and selection of a different voice actor and Fizz is suddenly female. Perhaps add a pair of suggestive A-cup sized lumps to the artwork. You could also add the lumps to the in-game model, but I don't think anyone would be able to notice.
Scarner: how do you tell the gender of a scorpion anyway?
Kog'maw and Cho'gath: Do void creatures even have a gender as we understand it?

I may be missing one or two, but almost all the above champions could be reasonably changed to females without modifying the character model, skills set and only changing the lore enough to correct the gender.
I would really like to see a female monster.

I think Riot had a female, spider based champion in the works, but I think it got turned into Skarner

Gadalar

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Caxton View Post
I would really like to see a female monster.

I think Riot had a female, spider based champion in the works, but I think it got turned into Skarner
Anivia Nidalee nor Shyvanna count? o,O

Either way in regards to more "monster" type female. I vote for slime girl to become a champion. We need supports.