Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

01-13-2012

I just know that I am going to get downvoted for this, but I would love to see a female champion with a full, bulky figure. Perhaps not to the level of Gragas, but up there.

Uccisore

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
From what I read of the complaints very few care about attractiveness. It's more about how all the females look the same. Skimpy clothes and big breasts. People want a change up.
Except they don't. They have completely different attitudes, outfits, weapons, movements, voices, skin tones, hair styles, etc. Just about every single thing that could be different about a human being is different, except for the fact that they tend to be 'classically sexy', and even that's not true in about 10 cases.

In fact, the people that say all the women look the same are themselves focusing on just one tiny aspect of each female-models appearance, and obsessing over it. It's a fair question to ask what they have against sexy women.

Eydolon

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Except they don't. They have completely different attitudes, outfits, weapons, movements, voices, skin tones, hair styles, etc. Just about every single thing that could be different about a human being is different, except for the fact that they tend to be 'classically sexy', and even that's not true in about 10 cases.

In fact, the people that say all the women look the same are themselves focusing on just one tiny aspect of each female-models appearance, and obsessing over it. It's a fair question to ask what they have against sexy women.
What he means is almost all female champs are the same "super unreal thin hips, almost nippleslip breasts and sexually oriented quotes..."

In champs like evelyn or fortune is ok, because their theme is around being bit-chie and badass.... but when all females, including a "tank warrior" champ , are wearing lingerie tights, high heels and who knows how many more secxually oriented clothes.... then you know they are aiming for *** to sell.

No one wants an ugly fat ass girl, but you can vary it a little for the sake of the champs.

IS17494d2f2484578788cee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Let's also consider something. Readability. In the game, the characters are fairly small, nyez? So, we do often I believe have to make sure we're making sure to make sure that the figure is readable as a girl or guy. How do we do this? Well, proportion, accentuation, exaggeration, etc. Want the feminine form to read in a game? Welp, guess what, it might have to be a bit more famine and/or stylized than usual to read at the proper distance and keep readable when moving. That's just making sure we cover the basics of simple silhouette recognition. If we make her too broad, you might mistake Sejuani for a male, that'd be, ya know, not what we want.
So why is Ezreal allowed to exist as she is?

Yune9

01-13-2012

game needs more loli's

Conncept

01-13-2012

BS

Psychological studies have proven that there is no ideal figure preprogrammed into the human mind. Some even debate that who you are attracted to is completely learned and taught, be it deliberately or subconsciously.

EDIT: And I completely grabbed the wrong quote... so it's gone because I don't want to go find it again. It was not any red quote, for those curious.

Fr0sk

01-13-2012

well...summoners rift in normal state is kinda warm to look at..so maybe shes wearing that kind armor in preparation as she enters the league.

Amordys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
So I was going to post something in another thread, but it got closed before I managed to. It was essentially about how the OP was disappointed that Sejuani doesn't look strong and wears (relatively) little clothing. But I felt like this was a point worth making, and so I'm just going to put it out there.

People were responding with comments like, "You're expecting realism out of a fantasy game?" and generally responded very negatively (which I found completely baffling), but in general I think they were missing the point the OP was trying to make. It's not that it's unrealistic that she's so small. Tryndamere really couldn't swing that sword with one hand like he does realistically. The problem is that this is yet another female champ that has the exact same body type as practically every other (adult human) female champ, that body type being thin, frail, and busty. The skimpy clothes is just gravy to this insult, but seeing as she's a barbarian-type lady and riding a giant boar I think we can let that one go.

Now, I like Sejuani's design, from what I've seen. She's got a unique weapon among the champs (keeping in line with one of my favorite features of LoL, that almost no champions share the same weapon), she looks good, she's got an awesome boar mount (also awesome and distinct in it's own way from the other champs). But I, similarly to the person who posted that other thread, think that she should look strong, and that's a very reasonable thing to want. She must be a strong lady to lift her flail and shield, or even ride her mount. But she doesn't look it. None of the female champs look particularly strong. But the male champs are not only more varied, but their body types support their character. Strong warrior champs are big. Makes sense, right? Casters tend to be thinner. There's a lot of variety among the male champs in terms of body type. But all the female champs are just lingerie models, regardless of the size of their weapon or the weight of their armor (I'm looking at you and your plate mail heels, Leona).

This is a problem with most games, and while I love League of Legends, they're very guilty of falling into this trend. Men are varied and appropriately proportioned, women are thin and busting out of their tops regardless of who they are or what they do. I really wish Riot would change this. Their designs are fun and interesting and varied (and only seem to get better and better, go Riot!), and it's completely within their power to change this particular aspect of character design, but they never seem to. It's hugely disappointing, and there's really no need for it.

These popped up on Kotaku just recently, and while they're not written for the same reason I'm commenting on this, they're about the same issue, and definitely worth a read.

http://kotaku.com/5868595/nerds-and-male-privilege
http://kotaku.com/5873885/nerds-and-male-privilege-part-2-deconstructing-the-arguments
Go buy/play gragas then.
He's a pretty lady, topless too! WEWT!

cwcriner

01-13-2012

Ye gods, not a female armor debate! I leave the table top forums to get away from this carp!

soundbot

01-13-2012

Quote:
The boar (Let's take get a betting game going to see if you can guess the boar's name)
Barnaby.