Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

diegoSven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2012

I think that post you're talking about was mine, and I totally agree with you when you say men ar varied and women not. It's like female champs here at lol had their body just to "sell more"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mnso

Senior Member

01-13-2012

i dont understand why people are even bothered by how a fictional character looks like in a game that has no effect whatsoever on you, and if it does than maybe you shouldnt play computer games at all or only go play farmer bobs village or simcity or even better you can move to saudi arabia where women are covered up.

also i for one would play a ****ty character more than a butch lesbian kind of character, i mean do you guys remember how kat sounded like before they changed her voice? it was fkn terrible i couldnt stand hearing her manly butch voice but after they changed it i started to enjoy her more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeliriousSoul

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireRaven View Post
Anyone who wants equality for women is a feminist.

Just throwing that out there.
Most of the feminist people wants think that mens sucks and and wants "amazon"-like society with just womans and men just in cages to have babies is a really cool choice. So i must disagree with most of them, cause i like mens, even if i know that some of them doesnt respect my own rights as a human being, I still dont think that slavory will solve the problem. I support the thought that mens and womans are the same with slight diferences, and there's no reason to the mens think they're better than womans and womans have no reason to think they're better than mens.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crosbie

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousSoul View Post
Most of the feminist people wants think that mens sucks and and wants "amazon"-like society with just womans and men just in cages to have babies is a really cool choice. So i must disagree with most of them, cause i like mens, even if i know that some of them doesnt respect my own rights as a human being, I still dont think that slavory will solve the problem. I support the thought that mens and womans are the same with slight diferences, and there's no reason to the mens think they're better than womans and womans have no reason to think they're better than mens.
Stop watching Futurama, broski (or ho-ski.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeliriousSoul

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbie View Post
Stop watchnig Futurama, broski (or ho-ski.)
Did you at least understand what I was menting to say?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Lol, there's so much whoosh in this thread. So many people that can't comprehend what a "strong" woman is. Strong women are sexy.

"You want a strong woman? Why you wanna play some fat chick!?"

Such a derp mentality.

Your post is a good one, OP, even though it does come up very frequently. You're right about the female models all having very similar design. Lanky, thin, busty, not very strong-looking.

She-Hulk from Marvel vs. Capcom is a good design, I think. She's strong but still has plenty of ***-appeal. Maybe a little over-sexualized.

I'm on board with what you have to say. If a woman is supposed to be strong, make her look the part. She doesn't have to be obese or obsessively muscular, just definitively strong-looking. Muscular, but not huge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mnso

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliquitous Owl View Post
Lol, there's so much whoosh in this thread. So many people that can't comprehend what a "strong" woman is. Strong women are sexy.

"You want a strong woman? Why you wanna play some fat chick!?"

Such a derp mentality.

Your post is a good one, OP, even though it does come up very frequently. You're right about the female models all having very similar design. Lanky, thin, busty, not very strong-looking.

She-Hulk from Marvel vs. Capcom is a good design, I think. She's strong but still has plenty of ***-appeal. Maybe a little over-sexualized.

I'm on board with what you have to say. If a woman is supposed to be strong, make her look the part. She doesn't have to be obese or obsessively muscular, just definitively strong-looking. Muscular, but not huge.
yup make her looking like a fat biker chick with a leather west and a leather cap with hair under her arms and chaps.

i bet op would like that and you would get 2 people playing her lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turbo164

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2012

@ Kayle: I remember having the following conversation in champ select once.

*pub picks Kayle*
Pub: I'm still pretty new with him, so if someone else wants solo that's fine.
Me: By that you mean you've never played HER before, or your speakers are broken?
Pub: ...the former >_<

Appreciated the honesty, and he ended up doing fine ingame

@ discussion: Serra Angel in Magic has changed art several times, evolving from cleavage to boobplate+exposed midriff to plate, and it really fits her frontline combat stats better. The smaller wizards and elf druids and whatnot can pull off the swimsuit look more realistically, but women with a sword should really have a plan for enemy swords.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solidfake

Senior Member

01-13-2012

The problem I have with female designs is not that they have standarized body forms, but moreso that they have standarized cloths.

When you design a strong female champ, it doesn't mean that she needs to wear full armor like kayle, but it also doesn't mean that she needs to walk around in thighhights, short clothing and heels.
Making a woman look strong and experienced is easy achieveable with just the write clothing, body form doesn't have todo anything with it and can be even neglected.

When looking at Sejuani one big problem jumps immediately into my eyes, that her leg is more or less exposed to the environment.
Seriously, you did this only cause you think a woman needs to show some skin to look sexy.
That leg would be frozen after a hunt, they would cut if off, now how sexy you find a one legged woman (don't want to harm any handicapped here, but you get the idea)
Is it realistic? No, noone who lives on an ice continent with even half a brain would walk around like this.
Is it needed to expose skin to make clothing attractive?
NO, dammit, you can easily make sexy clothing for females which also keeps them warm and protects them from harm, UNBELIEVABLE ISN'T IT.
But for sure it's much easier to just leave a leg exposed instead of trying to design sexy and practical clothing.
(besides, I find lux clothing extremely sexy, that black stockings are extremely sexy :3 )

One doesn't need to cut out the other, you can have a sexy female who does have full cloths on And looks strong:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autocthon

Senior Member

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciedBR View Post
I am not sure you needed to go quite so far as Sejuani's art to accomplish your goals here.

For easy demonstration by comparison, I will make a comparison with another MOBA game: Demigod. It is safely in the grave now, so I can reasonably say you won't be offended. The character is Sedna (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/46258/Demigod-Origins-Sedna), a beast riding girl from a frozen region who wields a large weapon. She is a healer/support, so there's little problem with originality here.

The first thing I want to note is that we players are not particularly observant. Sedna's clothes are quite form fitting and show a feminine figure--rather too form fitting for the supposed coldness of the region. However, because of the white fur trims on her parka's hood and and the ends of her sleeves, we are likely to assume that the clothes are warm and thick, even though they are not, and they leave ample cleavage. Compare this to Sejuani: The fur trims are dark grey instead of white and are hidden behind pieces of armor. She has a glaringly bare midriff. The first impression is easily that of someone who is obviously not suited for cold weather. While Sedna is better clothed, it's not so much better to the point that she has suitable cold weather clothing. The compromise of realism is more tastefully disguised and likely to escape notice.

The second thing I want to note is that we are easily distracted. From the two artworks, we can see that both girls have a generous region of bare skin running at least most of the length of the thigh. However, with Sedna, we can see a heavy fur boot with a large region of what appears to be white fur trim on one of her legs. With Sejuani, the knee and below are blocked by her mount. Thus, Sedna's image gives an illusion of warmth while still showing a lot of leg, while Sejuani's entire impression is that her legs are not well covered.

Conclusion: We need more subtle sexy pictures because 1. we want to see sexy females, 2. we would like to not make our ogling too obvious, and 3. we're easily fooled.
Sejuani's artwork says on of two things to me.

1) That she has no regard to her personal safety. Which in itself is intimidating in a combat situation, the ones who don;t care if the yget hurt are the ones that will taake a blow to behead you.

2) She is so sure of her ability that she feels that she doesn't NEED additional protection. This might actually be scarier than 1.

With that said... She clings to the "barbarian" archetypical design, though with less clothing than usual (not by much) and given her origin and relatively high standing in her society... It may be safe to say that she is an avatar of elemental power (alluded to in her name). Consider that berserkers fought nearly naked wearing only a bear skin in order to draw on the power of their totem. Sejuani could be doing the same thing, and in this instance the magic really is there protecting her from the otherwise deadly climate.

Also half-naked berserker barbarian women riding boars are scary as all hell.